Wireing a duct fan into a basic US 110V outlet

I am trying to pass air through a room in my basement, to try and help circulate the air better down there. There is no wireing in the walls and I have very basic electrical skills, but am good at following directions.
http://www.smarthome.com/3011.html
Here is a fan I am looking out. It says it comes to be wired into a switch, What would be involved in wireing this fan to plug into an AC outlet. I just want it to fit into a standard US 110V outlet, so I can plug in as needed. I searched the internet for about a month now and can not find any information, so I am thinking either this is not possible, very very easy (answer I am hoping for) or can not be done (although I would think it would be very possible).
Any input would be great ... Thanks
snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

I do not see any problem with wiring it with a plug.
You would want to check the motor amp rating. If it has a very high rating you might want to wire it to a switched outlet.

The wiring is trivial. Two wires from the motor go to two conductors in the cord. Ground in the cord goes to the ground connector on the metal of the fan.
Unless you need the duct connections, a 'thru-wall' kitchen exhaust fan might make a neater installation. Check the noise levels of whatever you buy.
Bob
Great thanks alot guys for the input, I figured a plug would work, but I was nervous about starting a fire from my lack of electrical understanding.
I was hoping to adviod a switched outlet, what would be the max amp rating you would concider "safe" when doing this?
snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

There is no "safe" limit, provided the panel, breaker, wiring, and outlet are all rated for more than the fan.
That fan is pretty small. It's just a 6" fan. It's much smaller than one of those 20" box fans.
On 13 Jan 2006 06:46:51 -0800, snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

If you are having this much trouble putting a plug on it, either hire an electrician, or take the fan to a reputable hardware store and see if they will do it for a few bucks. You can also take the fan to an electrician and I'm sure it wont cost much if they dont have to travel to your place. I always tey to help people DIY, but you seem far too uncomfortable and lacking in expreience. Get some help. Maybe you have a handy friend or relative that can help too. Spend a few bucks and prevent a major fire or electricution.