Spraying air freshener into return air duct

Subject says it all, is there any potential problems doing this?

Reply to
Dick Shenary

Depends; OK if it stays airborne - worst will happen is you'll have to change your filters sooner. If it doesn't stay airborne long enough though, you could seemingly put a coat of "gook" inside the ductwork & maybe the fax edges. We use disinfectant a few times a year with no problems. Plus, it smells nice afterwards for a day or so. How about Febreze? Don't spray it directly into the vent: Spray it in the air around it and let the regular drafts draw it in. Never spray directly into the vents if you'regoin gt to do it more than a few times.

Just my thoughts Pop

this?

Reply to
Pop Rivet

The question is why do you need it , dirty ducts, or filter or mold that should be fixed. Stores sell a fragrant pad in the filters section, like a car deoderiser lasts a long time.

Reply to
m Ransley

Convenience. A couple of quick sprays and the house smells better. I suppose I should have mentioned that the unit is electric, and that my concern centered around the clogging of parts of the unit.

Reply to
Dick Shenary

Thanks!

Reply to
Dick Shenary

Honeywell had 1 back in the 60's. Even some Doctors offices had them. They didn't seem to go over very well at least in our area there was not to many sold. If you like the fragrances then go for it. But keep in mind they don't clean the air just cover up odors.

Don't tell me what I can understand, tell me what I can't mis-understand (Gen. Douglas McArthur)! No matter what you do you are a problem solver....what do you do? Arthur, Website:

Email: snipped-for-privacy@bellsouth.net

Reply to
Arthur