Windows in the winter

Should I be concerned having Windows installed in the wintertime? I figure everything is contracted and when it gets warm it will open and have drafts. I know they are made to expand and contract but is it better in spring?
On 9/18/2016 1:14 PM, Frank Pentimone wrote:

Not if it is done properly.
On Sunday, September 18, 2016 at 1:14:04 PM UTC-4, Frank Pentimone wrote:

Think about your question.
Wouldn't the opposite be true if you had them installed in the summer when everything is "expanded"? When it gets cold everything would contract and the windows would be destroyed.
Those situations would really the limit when windows could be installed, wouldn't it? What if the contractor isn't available at the exact moment that your house is at equilibrium?
On Sun, 18 Sep 2016 18:05:18 -0700 (PDT), DerbyDad03

Should have done that with my shower door. It is two 30" glass panels, one stationary, one hinged, that fit perfect in winter but rub at the joint in summer. I figure the house moves about 3/16" seasonally.
On 9/19/2016 6:00 AM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

Just thinking that thermal expansion is not the only factor. Humidity causes wood to expand and contract and I see doors sticking when humidity is high.
"Frank Pentimone" wrote in message
Should I be concerned having Windows installed in the wintertime? I figure everything is contracted and when it gets warm= (**on contrary everything shrinks with cold and expand when it warms up.**)
it will open and have drafts. I know they are made to expand and contract but is it better in spring?
On Monday, September 19, 2016 at 12:44:00 PM UTC-4, Tony944 wrote:

...but not at the same rate.