Window Treatments for Sliding Glass Doors

Hello, I'm looking for a modern way to block a little light from coming in to our living area. The picture below shows a wall with two sliding glass doors on the second floor of our townhome. They doors will be opened at times to air out the place.
http://www.alpine9.net/v/scott/house/windows.jpg.html
Just wondering what options we have. We're looking to put in roller shades through most of the rest of the house. I'm not a big fan of the verticle blinds.
Not sure what other info I can provide but any suggestions are greatly appreciated. Thanks!
On Jan 30, 9:35 am, snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

Yeah, I hear on those vertical blinds but.............
I've had vertical blinds & horizontal blinds in different houses.
I like the look of horizontal blinds better (2" wood) but they're kinda a pain to raise & lower when using the door. Any kind of horizontal closure is going to have the same issue (ie roller shades)
Roller shades are cool but they're either up, down or full blockage of part of the door.....you cannot get partial coverage of the entire door like you can with horizontals
The verticals you just brush aside & scoot through.
SO it depends on the frequency of usage & what's more important to you.........visual appeal? ease of use?
There are some decent looking heavy duty verticals that even satisfied my wife
cheers Bob
On Jan 30, 10:35 am, snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

we have large doors that we didn't want to obstruct the view on.
http://groups.msn.com/chaniarts/shoebox.msnw ? action=ShowPhoto&PhotoID2
we used horizontal cell blinds, a 2 panel and a single panel, and the usual place is all the way up. they collapse into about a 2" stack at the top and just seem to disappear.

First of all, no matter what you choose, the wind's going to blow it around, so you have to consider four things:
- Wind damage - possible with vertical blinds, especially the "soft" ones
- Noise (vertical blinds, especially wooden ones, which will make a lot of clatter)
- Ease of access to outside - roller blinds would be ridiculous in this regard.
- Interference with nearby objects when blown by wind - drapes might end up on your head if you're sitting on that couch, which looks to be close to the door. Drapes can be weighted at the bottom, but I'm not sure how much, before they become too heavy for the pulley contraption to function smoothly.
And, that curved door - I've never seen vertical blinds for a situation like that, although that does not mean it doesn't exist. If it can't be done, then that eliminates one type of treatment, which you say you don't like anyway.
I'd begin by taking a look at two web sites for ideas: http://www.calicocorners.com/ (expensive, but their stores are staffed by people who know their business)
www.jcpenney.com - Customer service is good (for ideas, mechanical info). Stores may or may not be staffed by anyone helpful, depending on who's working on that particular day.
On 30 Jan 2007 09:35:34 -0800, snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

I'll suggest window film.
My wife used a frosted film on the door leading to the patio from the master bed room. It still allows plenty of light in and prevents seeing into the bed room from the patio.
"Decorative, Privacy and Stained Glass Window Film Adhesive free, removable static cling Wallpaper for Windows brand decorative glass films are conveniently sized to fit most windows, glass doors and glass shower enclosures. Whether you choose from the 9 decorative window films, the 11 privacy glass films or one or our 9 stained glass films, you'll love the easy installation and amazing versatility of these window films."
And a link.
http://www.windowfilmworld.com/window_film.htm
-- Oren
Try this site http://www.comfortex.com/index.cfm

Is the wall curved? Or is that camera distortion?
The neatest look might be custom made, clutch driven roller shades in the one way mesh. Daylight hours you see out, no one sees in. At night no one sees either way. Mount them above the opening so they fully retract when not in use. Put a top treatment over them for a finished look. Slightly less cost would be the same shade with a more traditional fabric.
Pleated shades or draperies would also work. You may have a stackback problem depending on the door glide.
Colbyt
Thanks all. Should have mentioned the picture was cropped from an 360 degree image.

So, one of the doors IS curved, or NOT?
The doors are NOT curved. It just looks that way from the image I cropped it from. Sorry I wasn't clear. I confuse myself sometimes.
On Jan 30, 12:35 pm, snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

We have sheers on decorative rods in our place. They block harsh light and offer some privacy. We also have roller shades combined with the sheers in our t.v. room to get rid of glare on the television when it's needed.
-Felder