Window stripping question

Here's a dumb question I hope someone can help me with.

In my old place, a couple of windows had the fuzzy stripping along the edge come out part way of its track. I assume this is for insulation/windproofing purposes to seal the gap between the window and the frame. I never figured out an easy way to get it back in since it didn't slide back in easily and I was afraid of tearing it (but since I wasn't paying for heat I didn't really worry about it).

In my new place, I've noticed that the windows have the same type of fuzzy stripping along the window edges.

Can anyone recommend what to do if this pulls out in the new windows? Any good ways to prevent this from happening?

Sorry for the lack of proper terminology.

Reply to
Chetab

Get some 3M weatherstripping adhesive in your color choice if some pull out happens. Otherwise, keep the tracks clean and perhaps lubed with a bit of Teflon spray and you likely will never have a problem. HTH

Joe

Reply to
Joe Bobst