Will propane flame melt copper brazing?

Easy dawg. He's a homebrewer looking for advice on what is usually a hobby business.

repeating the process enough times...
Possibly, but his requirements differ slightly from the HVAC use of the product and that could require cleaning methods that vary from the standard industry practice.

Now *that's* a good suggestion and I am surprised it didn't occur earlier in this thread. Of course, I see every job as a pressure-washer job since I got my 1st pressure washer. On the high setting with the microjet wand mine strips paints, stones out of concrete and paint off cars. Should do the trick here if you can get the nozzle close enough to the crud. Might want to soak it in warm water with a surfactant or degreaser and then quick rinse to aid the pressure washing process.
If the OP can better ID the composition of the crud, the chemistry could better matched to decrudding the unit. I would think the last thing you'd want in a heat exchanger is a residue of baked on crud blocking heat transfer.
-- Bobby G.

Have you discussed the problem with the manufacturer's customer service? Ask them if they have a cleaning service to offer. The device is expensive enough to warrant such a service.
Joe