Will I die doing this?

What is MGD?

Reply to
badgolferman
061211 2158 - CJT posted:

I thought it was 70.7 volts...

Reply to
indago

A buddy of mine worked for Bell Long Lines. A favorite joke was to ring thru on a line a coworker was working on. Ha Ha fun and games. Never failed to get a big reaction and a lot of profanity. Richard

Reply to
kv888831393ster

Miller Genuine Draft

spamTHISbrp
061211 2008 - Jim posted:

Just do it till you need glasses...

Reply to
indago

hahahahaha...okay...thanks for the posts...I'm gonna go buy a cordless... have a Merry Christmass Group!...Jimi

Reply to
Jimi

Miller Genuine Draft.

Reply to
Steve B

"Jimi" wrote

Do they still make the cord types? I think I have a couple of old ones in the garage...............

STeve

Reply to
Steve B

You SHOULD spit that out!

CWM

Reply to
Charlie Morgan

They're nice to have if (like me) you occasionally have to attend long-distance training courses and are on a conference call for 7 hrs straight.

Or during a power outage. (I know they make cordless phones with a second battery in the base for just this scenario, but they aren't very common.)

Chris

Reply to
Chris Friesen

Here the line has 50VDC when not in use. When ringing it has both

50VDC and 75VAC on it (alternating between -25V and +125V, I think at 20Hz). Ringing current capability is significant, since it's intended to ring 5 loud bells.
Reply to
Mark Lloyd

"Charlie Morgan" wrote

To each his own. I did find a Mexican beer I liked while in Mazatlan, though. Pacifico Claro, and there's a brewery right there in Mazatlan.

When I was in high school, the biology teacher passed out strips of paper. He then told everyone to put them in their mouths. About half of the people, me included, spat them out, some gagging. It tasted nasty. All the others sat there chomping on their paper, tasting nothing.

Lots of variations in taste. Look at any paint sample rack.

Steve

Reply to
Steve B

Was Mazatlan also the place where you lost your sense of humor?

CWM

Reply to
Charlie Morgan

There was an article about a guy that called one of those phone sex lines. He wanted to m*******te in the tub while he talked to the woman on the sex line. He had the phone in one hand and his manhood in the other. He was just having the best of times when he got overly excited and dropped the phone in the water. His other hand still on his penis, when the phone hit the water, his penis and testicles took the brunt of the electricity in the phone lines, and they were destroyed. He never had to call another sex line, because he could no longer have sex. The doctors that examined him said his penis and testes were literally burned right off his body, the hand he was using had severe burns, and his heart was not beating properly from the jolt.

Rus

Reply to
russelthomas

When it come right down to it; we are all going to die of something, if you enjoy it, do it. If it was all that lethal of a combination, you wouldn't be here talking about it. Might I suggest a cordless phone, they are addictive, and other than getting lost and needing a battery every few years, they have little in the way of a downside. NiMi batteries pretty well solve the battery issue, and many have a find handset feature that rings them till you track them down.

Reply to
Eric in North TX

No, there wasn't.

Reply to
Goedjn

Oh yes, still made, and rather handy to have one around the house when the power goes out and you need to call and report the outage. :-)

Reply to
Todd H.

This proves my point about becoming a woman if you talk too long on the phone.

Reply to
badgolferman

There are multi-handset cordless phones. Some make it as easy to change between handsets as with different phones. You can change handsets when you get a low battery warning.

I have mine plugged into a UPS (the same UPS that's connected to some of my A/V and network equipment). Runtime is limited, but at least it gives you plenty of time to get to a corded phone.

Reply to
Mark Lloyd

What's your number? We'll give you a call and chat about it.

Reply to
Avery