Why won't my leaf blower run?

I bought a small gas powered leaf blower at an auction; it didn't look like it had been used.
Today I used it for the first time. After about 2 hours of use it stalled. With difficulty I got it restarted, but it stalled in a couple minutes. I got it started again, but it stalled immediately.
I emptied the gas tank into another blower, which ran fine; so its not the gas.
So, any idea what my problem might be? I took as much of it as I dared apart. The air intake is spotless, and gas seems to flow properly when I push on the plastic bulb.
On 11/13/2005 3:43 PM US(ET), Toller took fingers to keyboard, and typed the following:

Is this a two cycle engine? If so, do you have the correct gas oil mixture? Is the other blower a two cycle engine also? The oil in a two cycle engine is used to lubricate the moving parts. If the mixture is wrong, there may not be enough lubrication and the parts will expand, seizing up the engine.There are different mixtures for different brands or models. Make sure you are using the right mixture for that model.
--
Bill

Could be something as simple as it is just plain worn out. I had a Homelite chainsaw like that. After just a few hours run time, there was not enough compression for it to run.
Could also be the magneto, sparkplug, kill switch, Does it get a spark?

Assume I don't know anything... How do I tell if it gets a spark?

Remove the spark plug wire from the plug. Let it dangle about 1/4" from the plug. Pull the cord and look to see if a spark jump across the gap. Best done in a shaded area so you can see it better.
Alternate method: Have someone hold the wire while you pull the cord. If they jump around, scream obscenities, attempt to harm you, there is a good spark.
wrote in message

Bad news is that I didn't read your instructions properly, so I couldn't get a spark from either the good or bad blower.
Good news is that I decided the least I could do was test the spark plug by swapping them between my two blowers. Now they both work fine. I suppose the wire must not have been as tight on the plug as it should have been?
Still, thanks for your help.
"Edwin Pawlowski"> wrote

Are you related to my dad, when I was a little kid? LOL
Toller wrote:

That sure sounds like you used straight gasoline in a two cycle engine. If so the engine is likely toast now. Without mixing the correct amount of the correct oil with the gas is like driving your car without oil. It will not run long.
I hope I am wrong.
--
Joseph Meehan

Dia duit

No, it has oil in it. If I am not mistaken, if I screwed that one up, it would seize and I couldn't start it again, even poorly. No?
Since you have another 2 stroke blower im sure you have a gas oil mix, see if it gets spark when it dies, it could be the ignition module or even plug wire, or even bad plug, If it gets spark its fuel maybe an air leak or no fuel, try to flood it and check the plug, no fuel could be dirt in the carb.
Toller wrote:

I have seen them act as you described, but it also could be other things. I wish you luck.
--
Joseph Meehan

Dia duit

didn't look like

of use it stalled.

couple minutes. I

fine; so its not the

it as I dared

properly when I

Check for loose screws and "drifting" adjustments on the carb. Something could have vibrated loose.
Bob

The gasket between the carb and the head may be leaking. Pull the carb, make a new gasket out of thin cardboard, reinstall, try it out. (scrape the old gasket off and use permatex (blue) on the new one-both sides)
Plugs dropped can be bad only when hot, many times ive purchased bad plugs, and have seen those individual boxes dented from being dropped, by carless customers or store employees. Do test the spark, holding the wire is awakening. Unless you have a weak heart.