Why should we help the Honey Bee Survive?

Page 3 of 3
On Thu, 24 May 2012 15:08:10 -0400, "Stormin Mormon"

I'm sure that Jesus wouldn't want handicapped people to be able to take a bus like everyone else.
I'm sure Jesus would be based in reality. Neal said the city did a survey, and found that there were about four or five needs for handicap rides per year. They could serve the people easily by a couple of wheel chair vans. Much cheaper and more efficient than retrofitting every bus, for the possibility of four rides a year.

I'm sure that Jesus wouldn't want handicapped people to be able to take a bus like everyone else.
On Tue, 29 May 2012 09:04:28 -0400, "Stormin Mormon"

The reality here is money lenders I thought he had some sort of problem with that but you don't apparently. More power to the banks.
Here in NYC, all buses are handicapped equiped. It is indeed a giant PITA when someone in a wheelchair has to get on. It takes a few minutes to get them strapped in properly and we all just sit there. But I keep in mind that I'm sure happier being slightly delayed than not being able to walk away from the bus when I get to my destination.
And do you really believe a number like like 4-5 needs a year? For a town large enough to need buses? Sounds like crap to me.
But we also have something called Access-A-Ride in NYC. Folks who need rides to doctor appointments and can't get around on their own can schedule rides with them. It does cost us some money, but I think it's money well spent. Again, I'm glad that I don't need to use them, but if I ever do, they're there.
Of course, if we didn't spend as much on the military as the rest of the world combined, maybe we could fund some other stuff. But, we need to protect the investments of the 1%, so that's where our money goes.
Ah, now I have to get to work. We'll argue some more tomorrow.

Common sense never gets in the way of extremist politics.
-Frank
--
Here's some of my work:
http://www.sharpbywarner.com

It does amaze, and depress me, that anyone would be against trying to figure out what is killing off honeybees and consider it some handout for special interests.
On 5/20/2012 1:50 PM, Gordon Shumway wrote:

Maybe you haven't considered that bees are the major mechanism for pollination?