Why should we help the Honey Bee Survive?

Bingo! We have a winner!

Reply to
krw

Which regulations are you planning to get rid of? The way I see it, all the regulations were put in place because of previous abuses. Now, it is certainly possible that there are regulations that don't make sense, and I'd certainly want to get rid of those. But which ones, be specific, are problematic for you?

Reply to
dgk

I DONTknowwhat the answer is:( perhaps require anyone selling stuff to the US to meet our health and safety standards?

or our country will be a gutted shell of its former self.... and unable to care for itself in time of disaster or war..

its 2020 and we now produce just 10% of the food we eat, today its under 50%:(

something bad happens to transportation and our country starves.......

such are the risks of depending on others for near everything

Reply to
bob haller

We let the railroads die in favor of wasting oil and ruining our roads with semi rigs. Shame on us!

Reply to
Bob_Villa

*EVERYTHING* from the last three years, anyway. Add half of all the rest and we've just started.

Good grief. Start with OSHA, EPA, and Education.

Reply to
krw

semi rigs. Shame on us!

Nonsense.

Reply to
krw

semi rigs. Shame on us!

Heady response...for you!

Reply to
Bob_Villa

I'd start with getting rid of the ADA, Americans with Disabilities Act. Neal Boortz was going on, today (May 24, 2012) about the city where the ADA folks wanted every public transit bus to be wheelchair accessable. So, they discontinued the busses. Places with swimming pools need a permanant handicap lift crane, though no one has ever asked to be craned in the five or so years the crane has been there.

And, the list goes on.

.

Which regulations are you planning to get rid of? The way I see it, all the regulations were put in place because of previous abuses. Now, it is certainly possible that there are regulations that don't make sense, and I'd certainly want to get rid of those. But which ones, be specific, are problematic for you?

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

semi rigs. Shame on us!

When that's all you post, that's all there is to say.

Reply to
krw

Common sense never gets in the way of extremist politics.

-Frank

Reply to
Frank J Warner

So protecting people from corporate abuses isn't necessary anymore? Corporations are amoral, if they can make a profit, they do it. If that involves polluting water, or air, or anything else, sure, no problem. Destroy an irreplaceable Indonesian rain forest so they can make a bit more money on napkins, fine.

Corporations aren't even "American" anymore, they're multinational. So if they can make a profit for their 1% owners by screwing Americans, sure.

Come on krw, what regulations has OSHA, or EPA put in place that are unnecessary?

I agree with you on DoE. I think we do need DoE, but this whole shift to Teaching To The Test is going to produce a crop of kids who know how to take a test.

Reply to
dgk

I'm sure that Jesus wouldn't want handicapped people to be able to take a bus like everyone else.

Reply to
dgk

It does amaze, and depress me, that anyone would be against trying to figure out what is killing off honeybees and consider it some handout for special interests.

Reply to
dgk

Corporations are considered a legal entity but are run by people. Some folks have a moral compass and some don't. It is really unfair to use a wide brush as you have and the same goes for the "dittoheads" who somehow imagine no regulations are required because if given the chance everyone will be fair and honest.

Since man has been on the earth we have recognized that some folks do not have a moral compass. So we devised rules to temper that.

I doubt any dittohead would happily have an IV inserted into their arm that was connected to a bag of drugs produced by a totally unregulated and unverified source or get on an airplane where the operator was not required to maintain certain standards for equipment and pilots.

You do know that not every corporation is a big evil multinational thing right?

Reply to
George

I'm sure Jesus would be based in reality. Neal said the city did a survey, and found that there were about four or five needs for handicap rides per year. They could serve the people easily by a couple of wheel chair vans. Much cheaper and more efficient than retrofitting every bus, for the possibility of four rides a year.

.

I'm sure that Jesus wouldn't want handicapped people to be able to take a bus like everyone else.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

1> Protection isn't free 2> The government has protected us right out of jobs 3> The government is continuing #2

So don't buy their stuff. They will soon learn otherwise. You can't do that with government.

Cry me a river.

They aren't because the government has chased them away.

99% of them.

More bullshit. The problem is that it isn't (the federal) government's. Government == Spend more, get less.

Reply to
krw

Sure, most corporations are small, even indivdually owned. Generally when someone rants about corporate misbehavior, we aren't referring to them. We're referring to Monsanto, GE, and so on. But, since a main consideration of forming a corporation is to shield yourself from personal liability, well, what does that say? To me it says that you may do things that you don't want to be held personally responsible for.

Did you know that originally in the USA, the corporate charter required a company to be socially responsible and only to exist for a limited time for a specific reason? A certain state decided that they could make a lot of money by getting rid of those requirements and just chartering any coporation as long as they paid Delaware a fee. Oh, damn, I gave it away. That's why the big banks and insurance companies are chartered in Delaware. No need to play nice.

And, it just seems that most large corporations get greedy. A good profit is never enough, it always has to grow and grow. If that means cutting corners and ruining the earth, that's what happens.

Our government is the only thing that can hold the power of corporations in check.

Reply to
dgk

The reality here is money lenders I thought he had some sort of problem with that but you don't apparently. More power to the banks.

Here in NYC, all buses are handicapped equiped. It is indeed a giant PITA when someone in a wheelchair has to get on. It takes a few minutes to get them strapped in properly and we all just sit there. But I keep in mind that I'm sure happier being slightly delayed than not being able to walk away from the bus when I get to my destination.

And do you really believe a number like like 4-5 needs a year? For a town large enough to need buses? Sounds like crap to me.

But we also have something called Access-A-Ride in NYC. Folks who need rides to doctor appointments and can't get around on their own can schedule rides with them. It does cost us some money, but I think it's money well spent. Again, I'm glad that I don't need to use them, but if I ever do, they're there.

Of course, if we didn't spend as much on the military as the rest of the world combined, maybe we could fund some other stuff. But, we need to protect the investments of the 1%, so that's where our money goes.

Ah, now I have to get to work. We'll argue some more tomorrow.

Reply to
dgk

Actually, competition and consumer behaviour has an equal or greater power over corporations.

.

And, it just seems that most large corporations get greedy. A good profit is never enough, it always has to grow and grow. If that means cutting corners and ruining the earth, that's what happens.

Our government is the only thing that can hold the power of corporations in check.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

Competition? What if you are screwed "legally" by your competitor? And then there's corporate spying!

Reply to
Bob_Villa