Whole House Carbon Filter leaking

I have water treatment in my house, which includes water softener, carbon filters and chlorination system. My carbon filter which is located beside my water softener is leaking some type white crusty snow like substance around the edges at the top cap area. Does anyone have a clue what could be causing this? Thanks. Derek.

Reply to
Alive and Kicking

Probably some sort of chemical or mineral. Wherre is it places in the system?

When you say "leak" do you mean some buildup around the fittings or do you mean a dripping leak?

Need more information. Post a photo someplace.

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski

The crusty substance is salt from your water softener. It's there because the rubber seal on your filter is not sealing. Did you clean it and check it the last time you changed the filter? Probably needs to be replaced.

Paul

Reply to
Paul Drahn