Who has a ATV Sprayer?

I bought a 15gal one today. I have some bermuda/fescu. What is best to spray, give me any tips ideals on spraying my yard. Jack Tennessee

Why use an analog TV sprayer in the garden??????
Sjouke Burry wrote:

ATV = All Terrain Vehicle?

Yard work? Are you nutz? Call these guys, give them your address and ask them to fix it. They'll know what to do.
http://www.trugreen.com /
Meanwhile, grab a fistful of singles and go enjoy a table dance.
Bro I live 30 miles from a TOWN period. Live in hills yonder way. Nobody coming to my place and I don't wont nobody coming down my road at all. I just want to know that to use to spray my yard.

Plants are different, in different regions. I'd suggest to talk to your neighbors, and see what they use. Or, visit a couple lawn and garden places in your nearest town or hamlet. What works for me, might not work for you.
Bro I live 30 miles from a TOWN period. Live in hills yonder way. Nobody coming to my place and I don't wont nobody coming down my road at all. I just want to know that to use to spray my yard.
On 4/9/2012 8:45 PM, Jack Valance wrote:

For what?

Yes, Jack. It would be helpful to know if you want to spray to fertilize, kill weeds, kill insects, or just what the purpose of the spraying is, as it varies greatly with the purpose.
Steve
Steve I have 1/2 bermuda and other fescue. I got dandilions, crabgrass weeds I want all that gone..
On 4/11/2012 2:38 PM, Jack Valance wrote:

Could you please be a little more ambiguous?
Characterize "all", exactly. (I know, it sounds a lot like a definition of "what is, is" :) )
But do you really want _all_ grass/vegetation killed for a complete restart or simply the non-desirable grasses (and which are non-desirables)?
You'll find if you're trying to eradicate a longterm established bermuda that you've got a long, hard road ahead--in fact, it's almost impossible owing to the profusion of seed and the propensity to come back from rhizomes that are very difficult to kill entirely. Long-term shade is about the only cost-effective way I know of (and that won't last if the shade is removed eventually if there's a single sprig left anywhere).

Yes, lets get really stupid and anal about this. No, on the other hand, let's approach it on a logical level. Go to the nursery. Call the local agent. After that, there is always the seeds sown by alien spacecraft and things that cannot be handled by normal means. You DID watch Alien 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, as many as there were Rocky movies.
But, hey, farmers have been dealing with these things for hundreds of years, so MAYBE, and I use that term loosely, let's listen to what others have done for decades.
None of this is new. Rocket surgery it is NOT.
Steve

Again, check with your county agent, or at least a knowledgeable nursery in the area. I had a similar problem, and used over the counter Weed N' Feed, and it reduced unwanted pests 90%. The second season, the grass was great, and I could go out and dig out the occasional weeds in an hour. I have 2300 sf of grass.
YMMV, of course.
Steve

Sorry, RTFM, timing is everything..............
Steve
On 4/9/2012 8:39 PM, Abraham O'Malley wrote:

Actually, odds are they won't know what to do, but they'll sell something to you anyway.

Roundup. Preen pre-emergent. Lots of things. Check with county agent for local specifics.
Steve
On 4/9/2012 10:42 PM, Steve B wrote:

I really don't think that I would spray Round Up on my yard unless I simply didn't want a yard!
Don

Don, Don, Don. Were you born stupid, or did you practice a lot? Spraying foliage means spraying everything from fertilizer to herbicide to insecticide. If one owns a large yard, they probably don't only spray fertilizer. Please reread the last sentence. Now rereread it again. Now, one last time for clarity.
Did you get it yet?
I'm sorry, but the job of netnanny is already taken in this group. There are already several people who stand ready to jump on anyone who makes a grammatical or spelling error, or syntax. You must file the proper application and get in line if you want to be a netnanny here.
Otherwise, just read the posts, take what's there that fits you, and leave the rest.
Steve
On 4/10/2012 9:44 AM, Steve B wrote:

Smart enough to filter you out!

Thanks. Like that ex-wife of mine who said if I didn't quit fishing and drinking beer, she'd divorce me. I really don't miss her any, and doubt it you will miss me, or I you.
Now, read Robert Macy's post regarding exactly what I said regarding spraying Roundup. Oh, that's right, you can't see me. Oh, well, just as well.
Steve

I had an infestation of bermuda grass that went down over 6 feet!! Everything did not work, until Round Up! but two things: 1. Round Up is chemically active and requires special metals in the sprayer, else a reaction occurs - I can attest to that! [Or, Monsanto has figured out a different configuration and you can use it in any sprayer, but CHECK!] 2. Apply on lush green growth in the spring as the energy comes out of the roots, gorws green, and then tries to supply energy back into the root.
BUT! Don't rush it! Apply, watch, and apply again probably as much as a week apart. That totally kills the grass.
I made the mistake of rushing it. Saw they died, or seemed to, tilled the soil, and WHAT A MESS!!! Tilling the soil chopped up their stems into tiny little seedlings! Almost EVERYONE of those !@#$#@! things sprouted, and usually a foot under the top.
So be careful, and patient. But Round Up is pretty labor free.