Who do I complain to?

Page 1 of 2
I'm having my own private high heat this past month. About 6/15 the 100K+ AZ town in live near had a week-long heat wave, around 115. Then it returned to normal - high 90s, low 100s, once in a while low teens. Out here in the farmland where I live, aboutc 2 miles west of town, it's consistently been around 15 degrees above theirs since then. They report 100 on the radio weather report, 1 get 115. Yesterday it was 113 there, 132 here. I'm afraid this is going to last all summer. This has never happened before - the temperature in both places was always close to the same. Must be a very local phenomena, I've seen no mention in the newspaper. My usual source of cooling, evaporative cooler, just blows hot air - the water in it nust be too hot to cool the air. Evidently they don't work at 120+ temperatures - never got that hot before so I didn't know that. Very strange, Very miserable.
No, it's not a defective thermometer, all three of my outside thermometers agree.

Yeah. Couldn't possibly have anything to do with global warming, which as we've all been told, is merely a hoax. As if.... 8|
nb
On 7/25/2016 1:17 PM, notbob wrote:

According to the Democrats, global warming is a worse threat than ISIS.
On 7/25/16 10:50 AM, Frank wrote:

according to conservatives, global warming doesn't exist

Any warming taking place is a natural phenomenon, and to be expected as we are still emerging from the Little Ice Age. The hoax is the idea that human activity is to blame - as well as the notion that we are going to control the climate in order to "fix" it.
On 7/25/2016 12:04 PM, KenK wrote:

Mikek
On 07/25/2016 12:45 PM, amdx wrote:
[snip]

Where I am, it only got to 99 but it'd definitely NOT dry heat.
--
Mark Lloyd
http://notstupid.us/
'Mark Lloyd[_12_ Wrote:

I agree with you Mikek
--
Stephanie Schneider

dry heat in oven still roasts the christmas turkey.
republicans dont believe in global warming.... they think its a conspiracy..

Global warming or not, some think we can create a cooling.
Might plant some trees and grass.
Greg
On 7/27/16 3:29 AM, Uncle Monster wrote:

In the 1970's, the scam was "Man Made Global Cooling". It's an excuse used by certain political groups
to grab more power over the people, business and industry. Follow the money. The backers of the Commiecrats
who bankrupt coal companies are buying up the coal mines.
and will make a fortune when they can safely repurpose the coal, something the current owners refuse to do

exactly. trump goes bankrupt and who benefitted financially. ISIS is a crisis and who benefits financially
I'm not a Republican, Republicans disgust me but Democrats now
Commiecrats are special, they horrify me. I have my doubts that it's actually elected officials who are
running the country and the rest of the world. I'm not a conspiracy fan but there's too much suspicious
nonsense going on in the world today. All politicians seem to be for sale, all of them. o_O

Wow! In the 10s to 30s like ours? I thought I was alone! Perhaps cursed by an ex-girlfriend I might have insulted.
On 07/25/2016 12:04 PM, KenK wrote:

Mayhaps not defective thermometer, almost certainly defective measurement (for real air temperature, anyway).
Highest record world-wide air temp is 129F or thereabouts; a measurement of 136F in Libya has been decertified by World Meterological Organization and a Death Valley measurement of 134F is considered likely erroneous as well. 129F is pretty-much the limit of recognized measurements.
Of course, these are "official" air temp measurements which are defined as being at 1.5m above ground and shielded from direct sunlight. Ground-reflected temperatures can easily exceed air temperatures by as much as 60-80F and perhaps even more for dark soils or paved areas, say.

Temp will vary by what's underneath the thermometer. Heat rises without wind. Oh, there is always wind in those parts. LOL
On the good side, swamp cooler is more efficient the hotter and drier the air. LOL
Greg

The high temps I'm going by now and discussed in my first message are measured with the same thermometers in the same locations that had the same readings as the temps in town in previous years.

Arrogant is a good description of obama and john kerry.

Send all complaints to the man at the top...... (No, not Obama)
Send them to GOD !!!
If you dont have a direct line to God, I'm sure Stormin Moron has direct contacts with the "big guy" and for a couple hundred dollars he'll be happy to deliver your complaints.....
The real scientists understand that we're between two ice ages and the orbit of The Earth is such that its cycle is bringing us closer to our main heat source, THE SUN! The climate of The Earth exists in cycles that are longer than the existence of most civilizations and reign of empires. We're at a peak in temperatures now and the Jet Stream has moved due to the Earth's climate cycle. That why there is a drought in the western part of The United States. There are cycles on our planet that are longer than the lifetime of any single man which is why REAL scientists look to history, the evidence seen in the fossil record and mathematical calculations of the movement of planets in The Solar System to determine what's going on. You'd have to be pretty arrogant to think that Mankind has a very big impact on The Earth's climate. ^_^
That doesn't preclude change either from natural causes (eg, Krakatoa) or human civilization.
On 7/25/16 5:31 PM, Uncle Monster wrote:

is such that its cycle is bringing us closer to our main heat source, THE SUN!
so when greenhouses get warmer in the winter it's not because of the greenhouse effect, it's because every winter the earth gets closer to the sun

of The Earth exists in cycles that are longer than the existence of most civilizations and
reign of empires. We're at a peak in temperatures now and the Jet Stream has moved due to
the Earth's climate cycle. That why there is a drought in the western part of The United States.
There are cycles on our planet that are longer than the lifetime of any single man which is why
REAL scientists look to history, the evidence seen in the fossil record and mathematical
but conservatives don't believe in the fossil record, I mean to them the dinosaurs are only 6000 years old
calculations of the movement of planets in The Solar System to determine what's going on.
You'd have to be pretty arrogant to think that Mankind has a very big impact on The Earth's climate. ^_^

Creationism/Darwinism have nothing to do with conservatism.