White Lightning ?

Hi all,

I just took possesion of a house yesterday. It needs a couple of minor repairs taken care of. One is cracked grout between tiles at the entrance and in the basement bathroom. The basement bathroom seems worse because there are a couple of loose tiles that move when shifting my weight while standing on them.

I have a dremel tool, and float, sponge etc to do the grout over, but have a concern about the moving tiles. Is there an easy way to lift the loose tiles and reglue them in place?

Re the White Lightning in the subject, the previous owner left a couple of bags (50lbs, each, I think) of the stuff. I'm not sure what it is. It was left somewhat near the water softener but I'm pretty sure it is not salt. I haven't opened the bag yet. I hope someone here might know what it is.

Thanks,

Larry

Reply to
GoHabsGo

If it's not in ceramic jugs or fruit jars, sorry, we can't help you.

Joe

Reply to
Joe

You're in luck. It's a brand of caulk.

HeyBub

If the tiles move when you step on them, you can pry them up with a flexible putty knife. Use a cold chisel to get all the old thinset off the floor and the back of the tile, then relay it. If you leave the old bedding there, the tile will always be higher than its neighbors. Butter the back of the tile and the floor both. Moisten both surfaces before you put on the new thinset.

Reply to
SteveBell