Whirlpool Window Air Conditioner

I just bought my 3rd Whirlpool window "vertical" window air conditioner. The largest dimension is from top to bottom, not side to side. It is model # ASC102PKO )12,000 BTU). It is identical to models made by the other manufacturers. It appears that they all come out of the same factory in China.
Each of them has gone bad after 3 or 4 years of use. What happens is that the fan motor freezes up .. I assume that it is the bearings.
Does anyone have an idea of where I can purchase a replacement for the fan motor? Last year when I checked, It was about $89.00 from Whirlpool. I suspect that I can get is for less elsewhere, but I have no idea of who to contact.
All suggestions will be appreciated.
Norm
Norm,
In your local phonebook you may have listings for electric motor shops. Any big city will have a few. They rebuild or replace motors and usually can find an off the shelf replacement.
Dave M.

Common problem with window ACs. Cheap sleeve bearing motors.
One source is www.repairclinic.com but I'm sure there are others if you do a Google search on appliance parts.