Whirlpool washing machine model WTW5310VQ0 or WTW5300VW2.

Do not move the washing machine until you open the top of the box and check the following:
The Valve, Water Inlet W/Thermistor & Vacuum Break (valve body, valve manifold, valve assembly) part #: W10144820 may be missing its mounting screw. The valve incorporates the hot and cold inlets that stick out from the center of the back of the unit just below the control panel. This mounting screw is located between the hot and cold inlets and secures the valve to the rear panel from the back along with four plastic tabs that are also a part of the valve body. You should see a small screw head when you look at the back of the unit between the hot and cold inlets which are clearly visible. If this screw is missing do not move the unit. The four plastic tabs may not be enough to keep the valve braced against the rear panel. If the valve becomes loose it may break as well as causing the tub ring part #: W10168523 to break.
If you buy this model or any other make or model of washing machine: What to check when you buy a washing machine: What to look for when you buy a washing machine:
Make sure that the basket (tub, drum) is braced in some way and is not freely moving, on top loading machines, back and forth or from side to side. Usually you will find that it is secured at the factory by a Styrofoam or cardboard packing material. Make sure this packing material is securely in place and braced. Some models may have bolts that are removed after moving that serve the same purpose. If you move any brand and make of washing machine where the tub is loose it may be damaged during transportation.
Make sure to tape the top of the box back-up after inspection to keep the box from getting damaged during moving.

I don't check anything. My local appliance dealer does all of that, delivers, hooks up, and tests it for me. Why should I do his job?
Ed Pawlowski wrote:
"I don't check anything. My local appliance dealer does all of that, delivers, hooks up, and tests it for me. Why should I do his job?"
1. Then what are you doing on this blog? This is generally for people who want to do it themselves. 2. I hope you never have to move (change residence) or maybe you can afford to buy a new washing machine every time you move. 3. This information is for everyone including appliance dealers who may not know enough or care to check for a mounting screw on a valve especially since manufacturers are always changing their design. 4. Im glad you found an appliance dealer you can trust so much.
Ed Pawlowski wrote:
"I don't check anything. My local appliance dealer does all of that, delivers, hooks up, and tests it for me. Why should I do his job?"
1. Then what are you doing on this blog? This is generally for people who want to do it themselves.
It is also about helping people do things, such as finding a reputable appliance dealer that does what he is supposed to do. Perhaps you'd rahter save $5 buying from the big bos store and havingyour appliace dripped in the back of the pickup, but the local deler is price competitive and usually offers better service, delivery, and installation.

That is exactly what I did, 28 years ago. Washer since replaced, dryer still running. Next move will probably bo to a nursing home.

Why in the world would you buy a piece of shit that needs all that?