Whirlpool Washer trips circuit breaker in spin cylce

When our 19 year old washer goes into the spin cycle with a full load it trips the panel circuit breaker. With half loads it will generally work okay. Any ideas as to the cause. I suspect a motor problem. Any other ideas?
If the breaker is of the same vintage, it could be a weak breaker. Can you try plugging the washer into an outlet on a different circuit?
If you need to use an extension cord to do so, make sure it is a heavy duty cord (14 gauge prefereble) and as short as possible.
The other easy possibility is something else sharing the same circuit causing an overload?
--
John Warner snipped-for-privacy@powergate.ca
"Mike" < snipped-for-privacy@worldnet.att.net> wrote in message
John wrote:

also make sure you plug it into a 20 amp. line.....
In alt.home.repair on 23 Aug 2003 09:42:31 -0700 snipped-for-privacy@worldnet.att.net (Mike) posted:

I don't even know if washers have them, but if they have a capacitor (condenser) in parallel with the motor, I'd suspect that before the motor itself. Some can mounted on the motor, maybe. I probably looked but I forget.
Meirman
If emailing, please let me know whether or not you are posting the same letter.