Whirlpool GCQ9300EQ0 water level switch question.

This Whirlpool GCQ9300E0 washing machine has a broken water level switch. Something fell from a shelf above the machine and snapped off the shaft. I disassembled the control but removed a screw that holds the cam follower before opening the control and was unable to easily figure out how the assembly goes back together.
Here are some photos that should be helpful.
These are the two parts that need to be reassembled back in the control.
http://webpages.charter.net/mrfixiter/images/Whirlpool/Level-switch-internal-parts.jpg
This photo shows the housing. The two parts shown outside the housing are what fit into the slot where the red arrow is pointing.
http://webpages.charter.net/mrfixiter/images/Whirlpool/Level-switch-housing.jpg
And here are the possible orientations of the two parts:
http://webpages.charter.net/mrfixiter/images/Whirlpool/Level-switch-stack-1.jpg
http://webpages.charter.net/mrfixiter/images/Whirlpool/Level-switch-stack-2.jpg
http://webpages.charter.net/mrfixiter/images/Whirlpool/Level-switch-stack-3.jpg
http://webpages.charter.net/mrfixiter/images/Whirlpool/Level-switch-stack-4.jpg
So the question is, which of the four above orientations is the correct way to reinstall the two parts? I tried a few combinations but rather than try every which way, I thought maybe someone already knew the answer. The couple of times I tried it, the water either didn't stop filling or stopped filling too soon.
Thanks for your reply.
--
David Farber
Los Osos, CA
On Monday, July 22, 2013 7:50:16 PM UTC-5, David Farber wrote:

[...]
Have you tried looking at parts replacement photos to see what the assembly looks like.

ages/Whirlpool/Level-switch-stack-3.jpg
http://webpages.charter.net/mrfixiter/images/Whirlpool/Level-switch-stack-4.jpg So the question is, which of the four above orientations is the correct way to reinstall the two parts? I tried a few combinations but rather than try every which way, I thought maybe someone already knew the answer. The couple of times I tried it, the water either didn't stop filling or stopped filling too soon. Thanks for your reply. -- David Farber Los Osos, CA

Hi, So called IPB = illustrated parts break down.
Tony Hwang wrote:

It shows the complete sealed assembly and none of the internal parts.
http://www.appliancepartspros.com/controls-rear-panel-parts-for-whirlpool-gsq9300eq0.html (part #12)
It might take someone with enough curiosity and who has the same style machine as mine to pop theirs open and report back. (-:
Thanks for your reply.
David Farber Los Osos, CA
When the risk is water running all day and night, and possibly flooding the house. I'd not mess with a repair. I'd replace the switch. . Christopher A. Young Learn more about Jesus www.lds.org . .
[...]

Stormin Mormon wrote:

Good point. I did order a new switch. I would never operate it the way it is now unless I was monitoring it every second. The point of my question was more academic than anything else. By the way, I think I have figured out the solution. The answer is that the screw I removed unnecessarily that holds the cam follower and the small plastic piece together is not actually there to hold it firmly in place. It's a height adjustment screw that can adjust the cam follower's travel. As you tighten the screw, it pulls the cam follower closer to the cam which in turn raises its elevation (like a see-saw) which puts more opposing force on the sensor switch. The screw head itself is hot glued to the outside of the housing to keep it locked in place. So if you ever have to inspect and/or disassemble the switch, don't mess with that screw! You can disassemble the housing just fine without touching that screw.
Thanks for your reply.
--
David Farber
Los Osos, CA