Older Whirlpool washer water level gauge malfunctioning causing water over flow.

Has anyone else had this problem with their older model Whirlpool Washer, model no: LSR8233JQO. If you are not careful and switch the water lever control directly on low, medium or high the lever will stop in between the gauge and the water will continue to run and overflow because it can't read which water level it should stop at. It has ruin my hardwood floor twice . This has to be flaw that Whirlpool is aware of.

PatElane

Reply to
PatElane Erves

So have you contacted the manufacturer? Write a note and put it on the machine to remind you if you forgot the problem.

Reply to
hrhofmann

Pat,

Don't own that washer but the water level switch used is common to many washers. I doubt that there is a flaw with the product and suspect that your switch has gone bad. The switch is pricey but easy to replace.

Dave M.

Reply to
David L. Martel

Hi,iout the issue some where and there supposes to be revised parts for it. We have Whirlpool laundry pair but different model with no such problem.

Reply to
Tony Hwang

Hi, Wasn't there a revised replacement part for that? I think I read about it sosme where.

Reply to
Tony Hwang