Whirlpool dishwasher will not turn off...

I haven't a clue as to how to troubleshoot this. Periodically, the dishwasher gets "stuck" in the drying cycle, and just won't click over to "off". It just sits drying in that very last click... can go on for 6 hours. Very inconvenient since we never know when it will happen.
It is about 2 years old and works fine otherwise. Can someone point me in a direction on what to do? Thanks.
snipped-for-privacy@aol.com wrote:

over
for
me
Hi,
Model# is ?
http://www.applianceaid.com/model.html Some model# helps. jeff. Appliance Repair Aid http://www.applianceaid.com /
Thanks for the question and website. Model # is DU91OPFGQ1.
Reviewed Appliance Aid and nothing comes up close to this issue, though it got me thinking that perhaps something to do with a thermostat? Whirlpool site isn't very informative.
snipped-for-privacy@aol.com wrote:

though
Checking into this :) jeff. Appliance Repair Aid http://www.applianceaid.com /
Appliance Repair Aid wrote:

Hi,
Model# DU91OPFGQ1 is DU91"0"PFGQ1
Sometimes the soap dispensor mechanism can stick causing the timer to stop advancing ( jammes the timer from moving ), but most mentioned to me that this could happen anywhere in the cycle and not -normally- just in one spot....so that would leave an intermittant timer as the most likely trouble maker.
http://www.repairclinic.com/referral.asp?R 3&N57404 Timer D/W
If the timer motor ( see the 2 small black wires in the link aboves picture ) is receiving 110-120 volts AC but no longer advancing/moving, that normally indicates a timer problem. jeff. Appliance Repair Aid http://www.applianceaid.com /
I will look at this over the weekend. Thank you