Whirlpool direct drive repair

Page 1 of 2
What's it cost to have the man come out, and replace a direct drive coupler on a Whirlpool washer? . Christopher A. Young Learn more about Jesus www.lds.org . .
On Thu, 16 May 2013 17:00:41 -0400, "Stormin Mormon"

$100 plus the part. It takes about 5 minutes. Remove the clips, drop the motor, swap the coupler (usually just the rod kit) and put the motor back.
I've done a bunch of them. I'm doing one tomorrow for the guy across the street. Finally occurs to me, that I have no clue what anyone else charges. Your price quote sounds right. . Christopher A. Young Learn more about Jesus www.lds.org . .

$100 plus the part. It takes about 5 minutes. Remove the clips, drop the motor, swap the coupler (usually just the rod kit) and put the motor back.
On Thu, 16 May 2013 17:21:23 -0400, "Stormin Mormon"

street. Finally occurs to me, that I have no clue what anyone else charges. Your price quote sounds right.

It depends a lot on where you live. In one of those mobbed up union states $200 just to start their truck wouldn't shock me.
Yes, and even more if it's a national chain? . Christopher A. Young Learn more about Jesus www.lds.org . .
It depends a lot on where you live. In one of those mobbed up union states $200 just to start their truck wouldn't shock me.
If anyone in here wants instructions on how to do this repair, the owner of this web site:
'Appliance Repair and Parts Help, New Purchase Info | Appliance Aid' (http://www.applianceaid.com /)
is an appliance repair technician, and I've known him for over 20 years.
I'm pretty sure he has instructions on how to do it here:
'Direct Drive Washer Access Procedures | Appliance Aid' (http://www.applianceaid.com/direct-drive-washer-access-procedures.php )
Jeff is another Canadian, eh. And, considering there's only about 30 million of us, we all pretty well know each other.
--
nestork

Please also answer the original question. . Christopher A. Young Learn more about Jesus www.lds.org . .

This page says $171. http://applianceassistant.com/repair/repairCosts.php
I'm too cheap! . Christopher A. Young Learn more about Jesus www.lds.org . .
$100 plus the part. It takes about 5 minutes. Remove the clips, drop the motor, swap the coupler (usually just the rod kit) and put the motor back.
On Thu, 16 May 2013 17:32:15 -0400, "Stormin Mormon"

Our local appliance shop is $110 for the first hour.
OK, that gives me something to consider. Thank you. . Christopher A. Young Learn more about Jesus www.lds.org . .
Our local appliance shop is $110 for the first hour.
If I have remembered correctly, you are by trade a locksmith, not an appliance repairman. And you are considering charging your *neighbor* across the street commercial repairman labor charges (which probably include travel time) to do a job that somebody else here has said takes only 5 minutes? Hmmmm!?
Perce
On 05/17/13 03:34 am, Stormin Mormon wrote:

You're very mistaken, actually. On more than one point of contention. Would you like some more detail, or shall we leave it at that? . Christopher A. Young Learn more about Jesus www.lds.org . .

On May 17, 10:31 am, "Stormin Mormon"

I'd have no problem charging a neighbor the going rate in the area for a one hour service call, regardless of the travel time. I'd bet very few appliance repair services charge less because you're a block away instead of 15 mins. Charging $100 plus the cost of the part seems reasonable to me. If it were a friend, that's a different story. But a neighbor? If they don't like the $100 price, let them call an appliance servie company and find out what it costs.....
On Fri, 17 May 2013 10:26:54 -0700 (PDT), " snipped-for-privacy@optonline.net"

I guess we have a different relationship with our neighbors. I will do just about anything I can to help a neighbor and expect nothing more than "thanks" or maybe a dinner. That came back to me this week when I had to pull my well. I ended up with more help than I needed and I got to use my neighbor's water until we got it fixed.
We have the same relationship with the boats. We come get each other when someone breaks down. It saves a lot of money you would pay tow pirates
On Fri, 17 May 2013 13:49:20 -0400, snipped-for-privacy@aol.com wrote:

It really does come down to your relationship with your neighbors and your profession. You can't expect free labor from a neighbor if that's his business. I'd never ask and would probably hire someone else (friends are more valuable than a few bucks).
On Fri, 17 May 2013 13:49:20 -0400, snipped-for-privacy@aol.com wrote:

help with something that I do for a living, most insist on paying me. I don't "charge" them, but I won't insult them by refusing to accept what they offer to pay. They usually offer to pay my going rate - which is an awfull lot less than $100 an hour. My rate changes depending on what I'm doing, but my top dollar charge is $75 per hour including travel one way - no mileage charge. That is for business network support or"system down" callout. Contract work is $40

Perhaps you could have "the woman" come out to repair your washer. I've read that a woman generally is paid around 20 or 30% less than a man.

Stormin Mormon wrote:

If Jesus won't tell you, you might have to call the repairman or appliance store and ask...
Jesus was a carpenter, not a washing machine repairman. He's not likely to know. . Christopher A. Young Learn more about Jesus www.lds.org . .
Stormin Mormon wrote:

If Jesus won't tell you, you might have to call the repairman or appliance store and ask...
Mormons don't believe in the omniscience of God?