Which faucet is best?

I think we are close to deciding on a countertop. Thanks to all who have put forth your opinions on that subject. First we have to deal with an unexpected expense. About two years ago, we purchased a Price Pfister faucet for our kitchen sink. It worked great for about a year and half. Slowly it began to leak and eventually it just broke down. PP has a warranty on its parts and sent us some replacements. Well, the same thing is happening again and we will be needing to buy a new faucet within the next 3-4 weeks. Does anyone have a preference towards Delta, Kohler, or Moen? I've heard from a few folks (and a plumber) to stay away from PP (don't have to tell me twice).
Any help would be greatly appreciated. I'm on a tight timeline here.
Thanks,
Michelle
after you think reliabllity of brand, choose a faucet that will make you happy in terms of design. the styling that provides a tall spigot for dispensing over the top rim of your deepest cooking utensils, the convenience of a comfortable easy moving single handle, a sprayer, perhaps a matching soap pump or electric hot water dispenser, a deep single bowl sink to soak the broiler pan, of the old style where the drainboard is one piece downhill pitched to the sink for rinsing and sanitizing your food prep area.

IMHO....Moen or American Standard are great.

well.built, very solid, the spray nozzle has a return spring, very well thought out. But they are not cheap. But you just spent $100 to $200 and how long did it last. I put a Delta signature series ( $250) in our old house just a piece of crap spray hose design was poor came undone. Just some things to think about, but what do I know I'm just a plumber.
On 10/23/05 06:58 pm Sacramento Dave tossed the following ingredients into the ever-growing pot of cybersoup:

But if Moen, for example, has a lifetime warranty for a lot less money...? I went to HD looking for a replacement part for a Moen faucet in my in-laws' house. They said, "Just bring in the old part and we'll replace it." They didn't care whether the faucet came from HD originally or not.
Perce

Good point , But it's like the auto parts with a lifetime warranty, After you put in the third starter you figure it out and go to the dealer and buy one. Turn off the water, pull the fixture, go to store, explain the problem ( that's were the hoping starts) Get the part, drive home, install the fixture, oh crap this not same anymore.

When I moved into my present house about 5 years ago, after I selected the sink, I asked the salesdroid (this was at a plumbing supply house) for the most trouble free single lever faucet. He gave me a Moen and it hasn't had a problem yet.
On Sun, 23 Oct 2005 16:27:00 -0400, "Eddie G"

All the brands you mentioned are relatively low cost faucets.
At least compared to these. http://www.groheamerica.com /
On Sun, 23 Oct 2005 16:27:00 -0400, "Eddie G"

I've had good luck with Moen.
I think almost all manufacturers make a cheap model to sell at the mass outlets, and much better grades to sell through plumbing supply houses.
I went to my plumbing supply house for a high rise faucet, and they didn't have the model I wanted, but had a Delta that looked good. I was reluctant to buy a Delta as I had some bad experiences with some I had gotten at an ancestor of Home Depot, but the clerk said this was a better built line. Its worked flawlessly for over 20 years.
So my recommendation would be to find a plumbing supply house and see what they have. It used to be that you could get this quality by buying from a plumber, but now I think a lot of them get the stuff at Home Depot or the like. In our current house we have some Moen and Kohler, also, but they are too new to see how they will last.
Eddie G wrote:

My wife and I like Moen. They have decent products, always some models available for a reasonable price at the local big box, and a lifetime warranty.
Used the warranty a couple times, too; never a problem.