Where would I buy these things?

I am not sure where to shop for these items; HD won't have them. Not particular stores (though if you happen to be in Rochester NY, that would be great) but just what to look up in the phone book.
1) Cranks for my windows. After 25 years, a few are simply worn out.
http://www.frontiernet.net/~toller/crank.jpg
2) Cedar siding for a shed, to match my house.
http://www.frontiernet.net/~toller/siding.jpg
Thanks

Sometimes,if the tube is deep enough,it can be ground down past the worn teeth and the crank is still ok to use.They might last years or more short term. If it does work maybe keep looking for new ones anyway and keep the shortened ones for spare. Got access to a bench grinder? Dean

The problem is inside; the gears are worn out. It is a pretty poorly made mechanism.

And lasted 25 years ?!?
Keep shopping, the next set might out last you... -- Oren
Just because thy don't stock them at Home Depot or Lowes doesn't mean that they can't be bought someplace else, like a regular hardware store or online.

Got any hardware stores there in Rochester? :-) Take that crank in to Ace, or Tru-Value, or wherever, and ask them if they have one, and if not, where you could get one. I'm betting you'll get either a crank, or a good answer.

Looks like ordinary board-and-batten siding, and any cedar one-by ought to do.
--
Regards,

Take the old crank assembly to any window dealer, and they can match it for you. If you know the brand, you might even be able to have HD or a hardware store order them for you.
CWM
Toller wrote:

Do you know what brand of windows they are? The crank does not look like my Andersen cranks, but mine are 22 years old. They still work, by the way, except my Yorkie likes to sit on the couch back and bite the plastic handles whenever some animal passes outside. We can get a really good grip on them now. :-)

--

Bill
In Hamptonburgh, NY

Those are the same as our windows. Yes, they're still available at decent window/glass places. Look in the yellow pages for places that advertise repairs and especially parts. The glass section probably more so than the windows section.
Wooden window frames? Douglas Fir? (looks a _lot_ like cedar in many cases). If so, there's a good chance these are Loewen windows. They may still stock the old parts, and their new ones haven't changed much.
This is their current hardware: http://www.loewen.com/home.nsf/why/hardware
--
Chris Lewis,

These have been posted by others in the past. HTH
http://www.replacement-hardware.com/windows/casement.htm
http://www.blainewindow.com /

-- Oren

They are still around got mine at a window shop in Canada last year. Suggest you try one in your area
I found replacement window cranks at my local glass shop in central CA - when we lived there. It was before we replaced the windows. They are EXPENSIVE. As I recall about $25 each but it was the whole unit. Check EBay, search window crank or window handle Here's an example... Item number: 170109589944
Kate O|||||||O