Where to get LED Pole Light Bulb/Fixture

Page 2 of 2

Not at my HD I just bought lights a few weeks ago and they still had MV fixtures.I was buying replacement MV bulbs and they had boxes of them.

I may be talking out of my hat but my understanding is the ban is for incandescent bulbs not MV.

It's funny that we will bend toward energy saving and worry about the mercury disposal later.

It's called Instant Gratification Syndrome.
On Wed, 20 Apr 2011 08:46:47 -0700 (PDT), DerbyDad03

CFL still use more power, and as others have said, do not get to full brightness in extreme cold weather, and I live in that climate.

Isn't that how our whole society functions these days? Hell, I remember when you'd buy a gallon of gas for 30cents and it would be pumped for you, then you'd get your windshield wiped, oil checked for free, and often you'd get a free dinner plate or cup if you filled up. That's back when people still cared about each other. These days, friends are only a term used on facebook by idiots who want to gossip about others. (I would not use facebook if my life depended on it).
On Apr 21, 12:04am, snipped-for-privacy@myplace.com wrote:

You seem like a sensible (except for this LED thing) old person. I'm 65...I remember a gas war in the old neighborhood and it was 13 cents/ gal. The old "Service Station" were they actually fixed cars and rebuilt engines!
On Thu, 21 Apr 2011 03:05:36 -0700 (PDT), Bob Villa

I'm a few years younger, but I too recall when they actually repaired cars at the service stations. Now they sell hot dogs, groceries, beer, and smokes besides the gas. And wuto repair shops dont sell gas.... I am mostly sensible. I dont think this LED things in not sensible, actually LED lighting is the future. Incandescent is being phased out, and CF is actually old technology in a new package, which has a lot of faults, such as not working in cold temps, burning out prematurely if turned on and off regularly like in a batheroom, can not be dimmed, and other problems, not to mention the mercury pollution. CF bulbs are also more of a fire hazzard than incandescent. Some people dont believe that because the incan bulbs are hotter, but I personally have had 2 CF bulbs literally go up in smoke, one spweing sparks all over the place. LEDs are more energy efficient than any other lighting, work in all temps, are not influenced by constant on off cycles, can be dimmed, and can come in all colors, and last forever. There are few drawbacks with them other than lacking a pure white, but that will be worked out. They will become the next form of lighting. I dont dount they will make round "lightbulb shaped" LED cluster bulbs. The technology is still under development but it's getting good now. The street lights are quite good, stage lighting is almost all LED these days, and the christmas decorations are very colorful. Not to mention hos long a battery powered LED flashlight lasts compared to the traditional bulbs.
Boba Villa wrote:

On average, successfully replacing incandeswcents 60W or more with CFLs reduces mercury output to the environment. Coal burning is the main source of mercury pollution.
As for mercury vapor lamps: Those are not a significant contributor of mercury to the environment, since they have extremely long life.

On Apr 18, 4:38am, snipped-for-privacy@myplace.com wrote:

Fixtures at work were recently replaced with LED. "Lamp" was a PC board withe LEDs and what appeared to be a low voltage power supply.
Jimmie