Where to find new face plate for dishwasher?

I want to change the look of my old dishwasher to match new stainless steel appliances.
It seems that the color of our dishwasher is determined by a very thin metal face plate and if I just buy some metal the right size and shape, I can change the color to SS by swapping them.
Question is, what type of place would sell a piece of something like that? I'm calling around but someone may know of a web site that can handle this for a reasonable fee. Any ideas?
Thanks!
Barbie
On 6 Dec 2006 07:42:07 -0800, mycroft snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com wrote:

I want to do this, although for all of my appliances, too. Here is what I might use: http://tinyurl.com/y5ppq6
mycroft snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com wrote:

You can buy replacement panels, or, if you're reasonably handy, you could use some of the stainless steel self-stick film. Here's one such item on eBay: http://tinyurl.com/wa67y
mycroft snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com wrote:

I have to do this all the time. People remodel their kitchens or replace other appliances and want to match the dishwasher to the new color scheme. I always remove the trim piece on the side of th door and then pull out the existing panel. Most front panels are two sided in that you can turn the panel around and have a different color. Many DWs come with 2 panels and can be changed to as many as 4 different colors.
If yours does not have the color that you want, then call the dealer in your area that sells your brand of dishwasher and they will probably have replacement panels in most of the popular colors. If they don't have them in stock, they can order them. If you want a custom color, you can take the panel you have and have it painted.
--
Robert Allison
Rimshot, Inc.
snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

. Even seen them wallpapered to 'match' the kitchen wall paper! Another where the panel had been covered over with imitation wood grain 'MacTac'! Both 'yuck'!
Our old one reverting to white has now lost both of the two two-sided slide in panels that originally came with it. Gee never thought about but that means the d.washer must be at least 25 years old!
IIRC the four alternative colour choices were, Harvest Gold, Avocado Green, a sort of cream/off white and ???? . And of course the white of the underlying front panel of the door. Five colours in all? It would be very easy to obtain a thin stainless steel panel of the same size and slip it in!
Not that I'll bother with a machine that age! It roars into life a couple of times a week and even minus the upper spray arm, removed to give more height clearance when we were running a small catering outfit, over ten years ago now, it washes fine. Only had to repair it two three times over the years.

Hey, my great great grandparents had a wood dishwasher. This was before electricity so it was powered by a coal fire and steam.

I've got harvest gold! I like it. I don't think the stove will ever break, but if the refrigerator breaks, I'll have to get a new stove, and change the color of the dishwasher. And I usually forget the range hood. Maybe I can just take that out and paint it. Heck, I'll paint the stove too.
In Brooklyn NY, I found a clothes washer in the trash, and the white paint was chipped or rusty, and I used white epoxee spray paint**, and it was as if it had been painted at the factory. It was a beautiful matching finish, and it didn't wear or chip in the 5 years I had the thing. I really couldn't believe how nice it was.
**It was only the top part. I must have removed it and taken it outside.

Try here. http://www.repairclinic.com/ They are good to deal with and ship promptly. I have ordered from them several times.
Frank

neondanger had written this in response to http://www.thestuccocompany.com/maintenance/Where-to-find-new-face-plate-for-dishwasher-173038-.htm : I recently had a similar problem and after looking around the web I found a site called Appliance Art (http://www.applianceart.com ). They have dishwasher covers that look like stainless but were cheaper than actual stainless. I'm happy with the result, it might be what you're looking for.
mycroft snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com wrote:

##-----------------------------------------------## Delivered via http://www.thestuccocompany.com/ Building Construction and Maintenance Forum Web and RSS access to your favorite newsgroup - alt.home.repair - 370074 messages and counting! ##-----------------------------------------------##