Where is everyone

Seems like veryone has gone away, I suspect there is something wrong with the server.
Add pictures here
✖

Don't know about you, but I'm buried in HoneyDos. And some travel. And some fishing.
There is life after Usenet.
For some, anyway.
Steve
Add pictures here
✖

As much as you all hate Google groups, I'm forced to use them at work.
Up until this morning, no new posts showed up in my browser (at work or at home) since Jun 25.
I was able to see newer posts in my Thunderbird news reader, but not through Google. Strange thing was, I was able to *post* via Google groups, but not read anything new for the past few days.
BTW...that was the reason I posted twice about the Portable Storm Door email I received. The first time I posted it (from work) I never saw it show up, so I thought I screwed up and decided to post it again. When I got home and used Thunderbird, both of my posts were there.
I don't know if the "Google groups outage" that I experienced is related to what you have been seeing, but I wouldn't be surprised.
Add pictures here
✖
On Jun 27, 8:49 am, "Stormin Mormon"

.com...
it appears google groups was down for days
Add pictures here
✖
On Jun 27, 7:49 am, "Stormin Mormon"

.com...
do you mean 2011, not 2001????
Add pictures here
✖
On 06/29/11 7:17 PM, hr(bob) snipped-for-privacy@att.net wrote:

message
No, he meant 2001. His internet connection is really, really slow.
Add pictures here
✖

I can tell you haven't spent a lot of time amongst Mormons.
Steve
Add pictures here
✖

We are not gone; we are merely hiding from the Gun Lovers, who have taken over a.h.r.
HB
Add pictures here
✖

That bad! I've only been posting for a few years, so you may well be right.
My comment actually concerned GG's recent spasm of posting Gun Lovers messages under separate Subject lines, rather than subsuming them all under the original Subject line as before. This may be part of GG's recent mini- catastrophe; late posts, no posts, etc.
Anyway, you and I will surely be among the Elect in the Critical Thinking Valhalla, quaffing mead as we reminisce about the Good Old Days when people could write consecutive sentences with correct (but not stuffy) grammar and syntax.
Skoal!
HB
Add pictures here
✖

Thank you for that hilarious takeoff on today's actual internet writing.
It can't really be deliberate that so *very* often you see "your" for "you're", "to" for "too" (soon it will be for "two"!). I mean it makes the writer look stupid, not clever, so it wouldn't be deliberate, yes?
Seems to me that one (both?) of our political parties, or at least their masters, are trying *hard* to dumb-down the school system.
Why might they want to do that?
Who knows? But, do recall that it was illegal to teach a slave to read (and write). Why do you suppose that was?
What with the Patriot Act, Military Commissions Act, "Northern Command" or whatever it's now called, with U.S. troops now stationed in the U.S. *for action there!* (eg putting down "dissent"), and Mr. O. taking all that even further, seems like the writing is on the wall, as they say.
Long time being planned, maybe even since that anti-Goldwater ad with the little girl (I watched the ad, live, way back then) and the flower and then the BOOM: think-tanks, etc. What do you think they were being *paid* to do, other than plan for eventual takeover.
(That ad has to be on you-tube -- let me go google -- ok, I googled for goldwater daisy (you try it) and got a lot of stuff about the approved-by-Moyers shown-only-once LBJ anti-goldwater ad. Youtube:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ExjDzDsgbww
).
Anyway, ...
David
Add pictures here
✖
David Combs ( snipped-for-privacy@panix.com) writes:

Maybe it's 'baiting'... as in, "come on mofo, complain about typos!"

Add pictures here
✖