Where do buy Cabot stain ofr my deck?

I've checked paint stores with no luck.

Go to www.cabotstain.com and look for the dealer locator.
If you are following Consumer Reports recommendation to use solid color deck stain, like I did, I would say it is a mistake because it cannot be recoated in the future without removal and removal is impossible. Go with a high rated semi transparent stain.

I agree, I had to scrape and recoat my deck after using solid color stain.
Dick

On Sat, 17 Jul 2004 23:14:06 GMT, "Art"

I have used Cabots Decking stain and recoated after 5 years with excellent results. I spent time preparing the deck (cleaning, cleaning, and drying). The underside of the deck is still holding up well after the first application (10 years).
Did you remove all the old stain before re-coating?
wrote:

deck
recoated
No! Unlike paint, the stain is absorbed into the wood. There is no need to remove the old stain, unless you change the color. Unlike paint, the stain won't crack or peel but it does wear off in high traffic area and flat surfaces.
On Sun, 18 Jul 2004 19:40:15 GMT, "Art"

Instructions on can of solid color stain says to remove it before re-coating unless that has changed since I bought mine.
wrote:

color
high
On 17 Jul 2004 12:13:40 -0700, snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com (ejacksn) wrote:

Try here> http://www.epaintstore.com/paint/cabot_menu.htm
Shellback
*Please REMOVE the obvious for my correct email address*