Where can I get safety harness to walk on roof, to paint an Eve

I will be painting a 2 story house with some Eves. I want to be safe and attach a harness to myself. I would also like the ability (if possible) to set up the harness by myself.
Can someone recommend where I can purchase this type of setup and how much it will cost?
Lawrence M. Seldin, CMC, CPC Author of POWER TIPS FOR THE APPLE NEWTON and INTRODUCTION TO CSP Author of RECRUITSOURCE PEOPLESOFT EXAM and RECRUITSOURCE SAP/R3 EXAM
NOTE: To send me an email, remove TAKEOUT from my email address: snipped-for-privacy@seldin.net
NOTE: My web home page: www.seldin.net
On Tue, 15 Jul 2003 04:30:16 +0000, Lawrence M. Seldin, CMC, CPC wrote:

Guy, the harness won't help you walk on the roof, it will only help you in case of a fall. Even with a harness, you do not want to fall.
There are several ways to safely navigate a roof. Roof brackets and planks might be what you are looking for. There is also a "chicken ladder". It is a light weight ladder that will hook over the ridge allowing you to walk up the roof.
Look for a roofing supply house or a well stocked tool outlet. They should have everything you need.
I made a "chicken ladder" for almost nothing. Long 2 x 4 with 12" cross pieces. Short 2 x 4 on the top at the included angle of the roof pitch. Top cross brace has two cheap swivel casters on the outside edge. Procedure is to push it up on the casters to the ridge and then flip it over to hook it. Only caution is to push it up carefully or you can loose it if it gets starts to slide down parallel with the ridge. Worked fine on a 10/12 pitch roof.

Lawrence M. Seldin, CMC, CPC wrote:
Has Eve agreed to being painted? :) -- dadiOH ________________________
dadiOH's dandies v3.0... ...a help file of info about MP3s, recording from LP/cassette and tips & tricks on this and that. Get it at http://www.gbronline.com/xico / _________________________________
Yea, she's on display over at alt.binaries.bodyart.

dadiOH wrote:

Yes, I think she's been working at that Las Vegas "Paintball hunt the nekked ladies" game that's been all over the news in the past couple of daze.
(No one ever went broke underestimating american tastes...)
Jeff
-- Jeff Wisnia (W1BSV + Brass Rat '57 EE)
"Success is getting what you like; Happiness is liking what you get."
I really do hope you will give some serious thought to having someone else do the work on those high, difficult-to-reach, parts of your house. And, of course, make sure they are bonded and insured.
This advice comes from my years of experience working as a paramedic which has included a number calls for "fall victims" who were homeowners who fell while cleaning gutters, working on a roof, building a skylight, cutting tree branches, etc. Some had minor injuries, some had more serious injuries, and sadly some did not survive the fall.