what would YOU do about this glue

I have a little project going on
Im trying to restore concrete porch stoop and stairs
they are covered in old outdoor carpet glue
OLD GLUE
I bought 6 gallons of Adhesive Remover from Lowes, @ $25.00 a gallon whew
it works great! it makes the glue soft and I can scrape it right off...
EXCEPT for the stairs... they are more porous and the scraper just sorta cuts the now mushy glue...but "peels" the glue from the pits....(tiny tiny pits.. you know...)
when I scrape an area it sorta looks fuzzy... something like that.. it won't lift it from the pores, even though the glue in the pores is soft too...
now.. a wire brush and LOTS of remover make's it look nice... but that's too much stripper to buy
I got them down where if I painted.. it would look very nice..
however! after my customer seen her old porch again... she wants to take it down to the bone and not paint it... or she would LIKE to...
so! that's cool.. but how can I get all the glue off..
you think sandblasting might work? If so...
would you reccommend a hopper type or a closed container type...
the latter being more aggressive...
do you think sandblasting will work?
what about muriatic acid?
do you think sandblasting might be too agressive.. etc..
Thanks for any ideas
NO AL BUNDY'S PLEASE
YEAH YOU! BUNDY! THAT'S RIGHT
YOU'D PROBABLY USE EZ OFF OVEN CLEANER WOULDNTCHA!
Could you get the glue soft then press cheesecloth into it let it harden then peel it off? Sort of like waxing woman's legs? The other suggestion would be dry ice and see if it will pop out?
yeeha wrote:

wayne wrote:

hey good idea, that might work! (with the cheese cloth)
hmmm
that just might work
wayne wrote:

it would be my luck the cloth would ALSO become permanent to the porch there I would stand explaining to my customer how that happened
Pressure washing @ 3000psi with a zero degree "rotating tip" will remove this....and anything else from concrete (including the surface if your not carefull)
yeeha wrote:

Bigbadbarry! Where the hell have you been? Have missed your warped sense of humor.

Also too expensive. Throw clams on the stoop. Dump Chickens (aka Seagulls) will flock on it and chow. And of course, gulls shit, shit and then shit. Shit while they fly, shit while they sleep, shit when they eat. Seagull shit will strip barnacles off rock that have been on there for decades.
It pays to Know Your Birds Barry.
Al...
Al Bundy wrote:

oh i've been over at alt.pinktea making fun of old rich women

aww shhhitty cry chicken livers all over the porch THE HELL YOU DOIN SON?

I'd try the remover, and pressure wash it off. Just my thoughts, I haven't actually tested this. Just don't blast the surface off the concrete.
Bob