What weed is it?

These babies are ravenous. Looking almost like a sick scouring rush horsetail, but I do not believe because of the wee little white fragrant five petal flower on the top as of late. Anyone want to take a shot at the unknown beauty? I could probably web cam it, but all you pros do not need that hey, let's keep it interesting for now. Thanks.
PS , I just seeded with bluegrass mixed with rye, golf course grade stuff as an added clue. Oh, and btw, it is a former hay field to boot...the plot thickens, hehe, no pun intended
Sensamelia
LOL :-)
Rantoul Red...
snipped-for-privacy@webtv.net (m Ransley) wrote in message

red hair??
snipped-for-privacy@webtv.net (m Ransley) wrote in message

red hair??
How did you guess?

Ev wrote:

http://weeds.cropsci.uiuc.edu/weedid.htm is one place to start. Your local Agriculture Extension agent is another; he probably knows the weeds in your area better than he knows his wife.

Lol. funny one...thank you for the serious answer sir, you are the only one yet. Have a fine day.

I just checked out the site, absolutely brilliant, thanks again.