What valve to redirect drain from one 2" PVC pipe to an alternate 2

What valve can I use to redirect drain water between two 2" PVC pipes?
Situation is as follows: A 2" PVC pipe from a sink (or tub, whatever) comes into basement and I want to be able to select whether it goes into a 4" septic drain pipe, or an alternate 4" gray water drain. Presumably I have to split it off into a T and put two huge 2" shut- off valves, one on each side. Is this right? The only valves I know of are expensive brass shut-off valves with red handles that cost around $35. Is there a cheaper plasticky valve?
Thanks!
DeanB

Yes, but I don't know if they are any cheaper. When you get to 2", everything is expensive. Check out a good plumbing supply store. I'm surprised you found one as cheap as $35. Depending on how the layout is, you may be able to have it go to a default pipe unless the valve is closed and it is then diverted to the other pipe.

Google "Jandy valve". May not be cheaper, but it's plasticky. Tom

Perfect. Can I join PVC and CPVC using regular PVC sealing compound?

I don't know. I'd check the fine print on the glue. Tom

If your local home center doesn't carry large PVC valves, you could order them for about $17 each from:
http://www.plumbingsupply.com/pvcvalve.html
They even have a PVC 3-way diverter valve, though it's $50 and cheaper to go with two seperate valves.
I ordered some brass fittings from plumbing supply several years ago, and they provided relatively good service.
Take care,
Anthony

I had a similar application - I wanted to switch the 2" drain outlet of my pool's filter between a drain and a firehose. I didn't want to screw around with multiple valves, so I went looking for a suitable single valve.
Swimming pool supply shops that do repairs and installations either have these or can order them. I bought one for about $40CDN (< $30US at the time) from a small local pool supply place.
It's somewhat like a huge ball valve. It looks like a 2" T fitting, with a rotating cylinder thru the center with a T-shaped hole through the cylinder. You can stop, divert one way, or divert both ways depending on the position of the handle.
Handle pops off, so you can put it somewhere else if you don't want people fiddling with it.
--
Chris Lewis,

From that page:
"I can't find a listing for PVC gate valves. Do you offer them as well?"
Because our goal is for 99% customer satisfaction we do not wish to sell PVC gate valves. They are not as reliable as PVC ball valves and they tend to break easily due to their shaft being plastic as well. If you "insist" on (or must have) a gate valve then we highly recommend purchasing a top quality brass gate valve (which we do offer and do recommend).
I admire them. They admit they only expect 99%.

Isn't your greywater technically not grey anymore if it shares any of the drain path with the blackwater? Depending on who's approval you need, that may or may not be an issue. And you probably don't want anything that will leak even a bit, which probably rules out putting a tub drain/stop assembly on it's face and driving it backwards.