what type of glue for scale lining?

I have a digital scale (the kind you weigh your self on). The footprint lining is curling up on the edges. I keep it in the bathroom, so I gather some of the humidity caused to the glue to disappear. I have had this scale for a few years.

what type of glue is appropriate for this.

Reply to
dilbert firestorm

3M weather strip adhesive , AKA gorilla snot . Very sticky stuff .
Reply to
Terry Coombs

thanx

I'll take a look if Home Depot has it.

gorilla snot? Lol!

Reply to
dilbert firestorm

Auto parts store will have it . Used to stick weather strip to car doors .

Reply to
Terry Coombs

contact cement?

Reply to
bob haller

looked up gorilla snot... its also used for keeping hair stiff.

all I can say is eww...

Reply to
dilbert firestorm

and very strong. looked at a youtube demo involving a 3M adhesive bonding a weatherstrip to 3 separate metal strip panels involving 3 different gluing techniques.

after applying this stuff on the 2nd metal strip, let it set/cure for about 2 minutes, he picked it up by the rubber strip. the bonding held.

Reply to
dilbert firestorm

you mean like this stuff?

dilbert firestorm