What to protect bare pinewood trailer sides?

What's a good stain/paint/varnish to use on a trailer's side walls? I normally keep them in the garage, but occasiionally they will be left out and could get rained on. The are 1" thick planks of bare, untreated pine. Want to stop them warping.
Thanks
Dean

I use Penofin for all my outdoor stuff and am completely sold on it. It can be tough to find sometimes (HD and Lowes vary as to whether they have it or not). Try a regular lumber yard if all else fails. You could also check with penofin.com for distributers in the area. The other option is to just paint with a good exterior paint. Cheers, cc

Penofin oil. Great for decks and outdoor furniture. Next would be Cetol stain by Sikkens. Not cheap, but very good.
Ok great.
Home Depot sell it?

No. Apparently they chose to continue manfacturing a quality product rather than compromise their standards to meet the predatory pricing games of the big box stores. All the more reason to support them.
Penofin Says ?No? to Big Box Stores UKIAH, CA -- Penofin Performance Coatings Inc. issued a press release claiming it had ?fired their biggest customer.? Castle Newell III, president of Penofin, said, ?We were forced to make a choice ? move our manufacturing overseas to continue to do business with one of the largest retailers in the nation or say good-bye to this customer and keep these jobs from moving offshore. These giants want more rebates, more time to pay, added surcharges and monetary demands for their bottom lines that have been forcing thousands of American businesses to take their jobs to foreign countries. We said,?No!??
"Ranieri" <uh, nah> wrote in message

I liked the product before, now I like it even more. I get mine at a local lumber yard. It is available by mailorder also. http://www.woodnewengland.com/cscart/penomain.htm

The wood will be flexing and exposed to weather, so go to a boat shop and get a good *marine* paint or varnish. You'll want to repaint/stain periodically depending on exposure. Somewhere between every 1 and 5 years would be my guess.
djb
--
Life. Nature\'s way of keeping meat fresh. -- Dr. Who

Paint?
-Tim