What to do with old floor plans?

Page 2 of 2

Thanks, everybody, for all the suggestions. I especially appreciate the suggestions from experience.
These are the original pencil-on-vellum drawings. My dad had a small income stream from reprinting blueprints. Two thirds of the drawings are custom homes, with the rest spread among commercial buildings, city parks, oilfield equipment, patent drawings, and other stuff I haven't figured out yet.
At this point, I plan to contact, in this order * City library * Historical society * Local architect or two * Customers Getting rid of them all at one go is easiest.
He lived in Hobbs, NM, a small city within sight of the end of the world, so if I wind up giving them to the customers, I'll just deliver them. I could deliver all of them by car for $20.00 in gas and a couple of day's time. I'd spend _way_ more than that mailing them. Since I'll be back there to shut down the house and move my Mom to Dallas, it'd be a nice hobby for the evenings.
--
Steve Bell
New Life Home Improvement
SteveBell wrote:

Instead try contacting some, not all, of them.

Could maybe sell them to interior designers in the locale where your Dad worked, for use as wallpaper.

I had that thought at supper tonight. Great minds think alike.
--
Steve Bell
New Life Home Improvement

Steve,
As a former CADD teacher, you might contact the local high school or vocational school as they typically need real examples of buildings to repro in CADD.
Just think, you may be able to claim being the root cause of many levels of teenage frustration as they claim that your father failed to place the correct or enough dimensions to build the building they are trying to model.
Too much fun.