What's wrong with my laminate floor??

Was this padding with the integrated vapor barrier? Moister intrusion, either from below, above on from the sides, will do that to laminates. Make sure all edges at the walls has gaps to allow for free contraction and expansion. Also if you don't have an expansion joint for very long runs, you will have separations too.

If its close to the walls you could remove the base molding and tap it back. I had one in the middle of the room and had to remove a bunch of boards to get to it. Call you supplier, should be under warranty.

Reply to
Fred

I put down a laminate floor over concrete with a layer of padding under the laminate. The concrete floor is level - no low or high areas. The floor has been down two years. I have noticed that there are places where where there are slight gaps between between pieces of the floor. I've also found one place where the ends of two pieces of the floor are no longer at the same level. The end of one is slightly higher than the end of the other. Does anyone know what might cause this? Expansion and contraction should not cause gaps between individual pieces of the floor should it? Thanks.

Reply to
J. Cameron Davis