What's up with this group?

Page 1 of 2

Either no one can help, no one wants to try or everyone is busy reading all those paranoia posts. No one has offered any ideas or suggestions for resolving my Payne furnace problem. I posted it over 24 hours ago. If any one might be interested yet, I'd be interested in hearing from you. The post is on the 24th with subject: Pain Furnace, er I mean Payne. Thanks, I hope! Kayle
On Jan 25, 10:21 pm, snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com wrote:

Patience patience PATIENCE!! LOL,,jus kiddin... Try this group,,They specialize.. http://www.hvacmechanic.com/forums/forums.htm

Careful though...............they can be a mean bunch.
They must be related to Edwin and Greg over here, then. Whatever, I appreciate all the suggestions and directions. Nothing like getting cranky and whiney to garner some attention. Thanks! Kayle tom wrote:

On Jan 25, 9:04 pm, snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com wrote:

Kayle-
Check Edwin's posting history before you jump to conclusions........
You've got a fair number of replies (to the 2nd post) but realize the "silence" can come from all sorts of reasons.
I didn't reply to your first post because I'm not a furnace fixer & had nothing constructive to offer. :(
btw 24 hours is not all that long to get an answer
you can have it:
fast, cheap or good......pick two
cheers Bob

Also I did'nt think about the possibility that this time of year,,posting a furnace question,,,Kayle might have ice hanging from the old boo boo wich could cause a bit of impatience! Mean bunch? How's that? Do they give people crap for working on their own furnaces? I posted a ? there months ago and got a possible answer.. Dean
Hi Kyle,
Sorry, I wish I could help you but I'm not familiar with this product line (nor am I all that knowledgeable about the inner workings of gas and oil furnaces in general). Hopefully someone who is can offer you a hand.
For those who may have missed it, it might be helpful to repost your original message in its entirety.
Good luck! Paul
On 25 Jan 2007 20:21:41 -0800, snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com wrote:

You don't pay us enough. Why not try asking on alt.hvac ? More pros over there likely to have the right answer.
Edwin Pawlowski wrote:

You are a very wicked man Edwin. Telling the poor girl to go swimming in shark infested waters. Shoosh!
Jeff
--
Jeffry Wisnia
(W1BSV + Brass Rat \'57 EE)
Jeff Wisnia wrote in message ...

over
in
LOL, that's the truth. :-)
Cheri
Edwin Pawlowski wrote:

Nasty.... :-)
--
Joseph Meehan

Dia \'s Muire duit
Try "the wall" for pros or try althvac for a hacks and a headache
It is probably sensing that the gas flow is insufficient to support the flame, so it shuts down the main valve. I had one lately do exactly this behavior, and it turned out that there was large amounts of water condensing inside the gas line and settling in a low spot. The gas flow was reduced by bubbling through what was effectively a liquid trap. Drained the water, had to shut the power off and back on so the computer gadget would reset, and then everything was back to normal. There could be other reasons, though, for reduced gas flow.
Bill

How did you ever figure that out? And thanks for responding here. Kayle bill allemann wrote:

On 25 Jan 2007 20:21:41 -0800, snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com wrote:

You do realize that the people here do not work for you, right? If someone feels like answering your question, then they will do so.
snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com wrote:

Here is the original post:
This ol' furnace has been acting up for a month or so. It's a Payne, but I can not find the model number, nor do I know how old it is. The red light is doing a 3/4 blink sequence and everything works up to the
burner staying on. The fan ends up blowing coolish air for a minute or so, then the whole thing starts over again and eventually after several attempts the burner stays on and warm air gets blown. Tonight this went on for over an hour without any heat being made, so I shut it all down. Any ideas? Should I try restarting it? There is no gas odor, but is there still a risk? I have plenty of warm woolies to put on, but their kinda scratchy and company is due Saturday. Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks, Kayle
kayle wrote in message

All of this was addressed about two weeks or so ago, sometimes heatedly (no pun intended.)
Cheri
Not sure what 'all of this' was addressed 2 weeks ago, but that's ok. I'm happy to report I now have consistent heat due to a right-on suggestion from the link Dean offered. (hvac.mechanic.com) I'm extremely grateful for lists/groups like this one (alt.home.repair) for exactly the results I got. Even if I couldn't have fixed it, I would have been more knowledgable when calling upon a technician to service it. I hope I can return the favor at some point. Meanwhile, my humor is warming up and I appreciate ALL the replies and thank you for them. Kayle Cheri wrote:

snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com wrote:

Check again, I see one response to your original post and it was less that 24 hours. I wonder if the news server you are using is not getting all the messages or getting them quickly.
--
Joseph Meehan

Dia \'s Muire duit
snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com wrote:

One problem is you're posting via Google Groups - that's a no-no.
GG can take over three days to propagate posts and responses.
Use a real (i.e., not web-based) news reader. Outlook Express, which you already have, will work quite well.