What's that clear coating used on tables and bars called?

It's a very thick coating. People embed coins, photos and all sorts of objects in it. I've seen it used mostly in bars and restaurants on the bar or tables. It kind of looks like varnish but it's much thicker. What is it called? It seemed to be a fad in the 1970's but I still see it quite a bit.
Add pictures here
✖
On Mar 16, 3:22 am, snipped-for-privacy@nohoo.com wrote:

I used the stuff you are referring to, but I can't remember the name. Call a local custom paint suppier, they should be able to tell you. Not Home Depot or Sherman Williams.
Good luck.
Hank
Add pictures here
✖
snipped-for-privacy@nohoo.com wrote:

Casting resin. Usually, polyester resin. Like this (scroll down about 1/3 page)...
http://www.uscomposites.com/polyesters.html
--

dadiOH
On Fri, 16 Mar 2012 01:22:08 -0600, snipped-for-privacy@nohoo.com wrote:

EnviroTex is the one that was a fad back in the day. It is still available although the formula might have changed:
http://eti-usa.com/envirotex-lite /
Add pictures here
✖