What (rodent?) did this???

Hello,
Recently I found something odd had happened to the anttraps in my finished basement. The traps were under the hot water radiator pipes.
You can see some pictures I took here:
http://www.geocities.com/condor_222/anttrap /
http://www.geocities.com/condor_222/anttrap/dsc_2289.jpg
http://www.geocities.com/condor_222/anttrap/dsc_2290.jpg
http://www.geocities.com/condor_222/anttrap/dsc_2291.jpg
http://www.geocities.com/condor_222/anttrap/dsc_2292.jpg
- as I found them
http://www.geocities.com/condor_222/anttrap/dsc_2293.jpg
http://www.geocities.com/condor_222/anttrap/dsc_2294.jpg
- One corner was chewed out on each of the traps
http://www.geocities.com/condor_222/anttrap/dsc_2296.jpg
- there were lots of pieces of plastic remaining. - note the size and round shape.
I thought this was really odd. What would be going for an ant trap? What would chew out the corners, and leave pieces the shape of crescent moons? A snake?
Any ideas??
condor snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com wrote:

I put out bait at my warehouse some years back and the ants ate the rodent bait and the rodents ate the ant bait. All critters except for me were happy. I heard scampering on the suspended ceiling and when I got on a ladder, I pushed up a ceiling tile and was confronted by an urban rat wearing a dew rag, gold chains and wielding a switchblade. Squeak y'all! Was the sound it made before scampering off to be wit it's rat hos. Those urban vermin are tough and sneaky.
TDD