What (rodent?) did this???

Hello,

Recently I found something odd had happened to the anttraps in my finished basement. The traps were under the hot water radiator pipes.

You can see some pictures I took here:

as I found them

One corner was chewed out on each of the traps

there were lots of pieces of plastic remaining.

- note the size and round shape.

I thought this was really odd. What would be going for an ant trap? What would chew out the corners, and leave pieces the shape of crescent moons? A snake?

Any ideas??

Reply to
condor_222

I put out bait at my warehouse some years back and the ants ate the rodent bait and the rodents ate the ant bait. All critters except for me were happy. I heard scampering on the suspended ceiling and when I got on a ladder, I pushed up a ceiling tile and was confronted by an urban rat wearing a dew rag, gold chains and wielding a switchblade. Squeak y'all! Was the sound it made before scampering off to be wit it's rat hos. Those urban vermin are tough and sneaky.

TDD

Reply to
The Daring Dufas