What PVC pipe fittings for sump pump?

Are DWV fittings acceptable for 1 1/2 PVC sump pump lines, or must the heavier ones be used?
I needed a Y and could only find it in DWV. Thanks.
toller wrote:

Jim

Not a problem. It's not under all that much pressure. The Schedule 40 stuff is rated up to somewhere around 400 psi, and I'm dead sure that your sump pump doesn't produce anywhere *near* that. The pressure required to lift water is roughly 1/2 psi per foot of head, so a sump pump capable of developing a head of, say, 15 feet (which is more than enough to get water out of any residential basement I've ever seen) only needs to produce 7 to 8 psi.
"sump pumps give head"
--

Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus