What Kind of Fence?

I am considering replacing a fence. I currently have a 6' stockade that is about 100' long and 15 - 20 years old. I replace about 2, 8' panels per year.
I am thinking of replacing it with a 6', 6" x 3/4" pressure treated, pine fence. Is this a good choice? I figured the 3/4" would last longer than the 1/2"? My dog breaks off the bottoms of the stockade fence.
Is pine a normal selection or should I see about other woods? I live in southeast Virginia
Thanks
Cedar is very good for fencing. Resists rot and takes stain well. I live in cedar country, so it is not too expensive. This may not be the situation where you live. Des

is