Removeing stain on cabinets for re-finishing

I am re-finishing a bathroom cabinet. I have stripped the finish - a couple passes, using steel wool to try to remove the last stain/stripper. There is still stain on the wood I would like to remove. I am concerned that trying sand it off will damage the veneer. What is recommended to get the last stain off? Can it be bleached? My goal is to use a lighter finish than the origional.

Bob

Reply to
Bob

nospambob

What type of wood is it, if it didnt chemicaly strip you need to sand but may not have enough wood thickness to do it right, thats considering it is a good enough wood to be doing it anyway, That might be why t was stained dark in the first place.

Reply to
m Ransley