What is your experince with an aerobic septic retrofit?

I'm considering an aerobic septic kit to correct a poorly performing drain field.
I'd like to hear from anyone that has experience with this. What was you experience?
Anonymous wrote:

Aerobic systems work very well and are common around here where there is a lot of clay. The only real issue with them is the consume power and chlorine vs. a conventional septic system.
On Friday, December 5, 2014 4:14:12 PM UTC-5, Pete C. wrote:

I think the operative words here are "to correct". A new, properly designed aerobic system would be one thing. Whether you can convert one with a poorly functioning drain field and have it work, likely depends on some additional critical factors.