What is the name wire wielded together in a diamond pattern......Looking to make a Wood Pellet Box

I'm trying to find an item for a project but I don't know the name of it. It is a heavy gauge "wire"' wielded together to form a diamond pattern.
<><><>

<><><>
<><><>
The above design is actually pretty close to what it looks like. The wire is flat, heavy guage. I'm not sure where I have seen it before but maybe on flat bed trailers. The internet turns up Diamond WIRE MESH or Diamond WIRE SCREENS but the stuff I've found online is more like a wire fence and I need something more substantial. And if you do know the name, any suggestions on what type stores sell it?
I want it to try and make a wood pellet box for a wood stove. I was thinking if I had 3 pieces, I could bend one like a " U " and put the other two on either side, both to hold the pellets in and to make legs to keep the " U " from falling over. A top down view would look something like:
    I<>I or I=I
If you have any better suggestions on building a wood pellet box, info on what I'm looking for or ANY helpful suggestions, please respond.
On 12/28/12 9:48 PM, snipped-for-privacy@nospam.com wrote:

Expanded metal?

buy rebar and have it welded together
bob haller wrote:

Good excuse to buy a MIG welder - think of all the other fun you can have :)
BTW - MIG welding is pretty simple and can be self taught with a bit of common sense and practise. In 1 day I was doing both "heavy" pieces and 1mm sheet for car repairs.
--
Tim Watts Personal Blog: http://www.dionic.net/tim /

"History will be kind to me for I intend to write it."

Yes, but I wonder if it is heavy enough for a fireplace grate? I have seen some heavy enough to be used for open stair treads in ski areas, but I'm not sure if even that would stand up to a really hot fire without warping.

Specially grate fine enough to contain wood pellets.
All the pellet fireboxes I've seen are small and solid plate, jes a few inches square.
nb
Steve B wrote:

It'll warp. But it may hold good for a while. I've used this stuff for BBQs and it is OK for occasional use, but long term really needs something heavy or cast iron.
--
Tim Watts Personal Blog: http://www.dionic.net/tim /

"History will be kind to me for I intend to write it."

Or expanded mesh.
As the name alludes, it's not welded, but rather punched from sheet (by punching slits) then stretched.
--
Tim Watts Personal Blog: http://www.dionic.net/tim /

"It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent
On 12/29/2012 3:59 AM, Tim Watts wrote:

I wonder if one of these might be what the OP is looking for? ^_^
http://www.mcnichols.com/gallery/product-photos
TDD
On Dec 29, 2:23am, The Daring Dufas <the-daring-du...@stinky- finger.net> wrote:

McNichols is the best source for any kind of perforated, expanded, pierced or mesh material.
If they don't have what the OP needs,likely no one will.
cheers Bob
On 12/28/2012 9:48 PM, snipped-for-privacy@nospam.com wrote:

Perhaps this is what you're looking for:
http://preview.tinyurl.com/cs5pnu8
Any sheet metal shop should have what you need. I had a fellow who would give me scraps out of his pile for small projects. ^_^
TDD
snipped-for-privacy@nospam.com wrote the following on 12/28/2012 10:48 PM (ET):

Here, pick the one you like best. :-) https://www.google.com/search?q=expanded+mesh&hl=en&tbo=d&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ei=te3eUIfcKu3U0gH9rIHIBA&ved AoQ_AUoAA&biw80&bih6 or: http://preview.tinyurl.com/cxz9rxy
--
Bill
In Hamptonburgh, NY
On Fri, 28 Dec 2012 22:48:02 -0500, snipped-for-privacy@nospam.com wrote:

What I'm thinking of, is not wire, but punched out metal, which is about 1/8" thick. Dont know the name of it, but a welding/machine shop should have it.
On Sat, 29 Dec 2012 17:30:06 -0600, snipped-for-privacy@home.com wrote:

Diamond plate?
On Sat, 29 Dec 2012 19:01:59 -0500, snipped-for-privacy@attt.bizz wrote:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Diamond_plate