What is the cushiest carpeting?

If you want your carpeting to have a pillow-soft feel when you walk on it, do you choose carpeting or do you choose padding? Does the heaviest available padding automatically have the most plush feel to it are there different "types" of padding with the same weight? Is the softest carpeting suitable for high traffic areas?
It's really the padding that makes the difference. Pile carpet is somewhat softer than a berber or closed loop type, but both are woven into sized canvas which is pretty stiff and hard. Also, the materials make a difference--wool, oliphant or acrylic. Wool is the softest and most expensive. Acrylic is cheapest but rougher. I personally like the middle choice of oliphant (sp?) which is synthetic and easy to clean but fairly soft.
We left town for a couple of nights Easter weekend and came back to a flooded front yard. I marked where the water was coming out of the ground, then turned the water off. Water Dept. won't fix it (it's in my yard), my homeowners insurance and american homeshield both told me they could'nt help, so I'm stuck trying to fix a major problem with little knowledge of plumbing and a tight budget. I called a plumber for an estimate, and before they came out, I dug a 2ft. wide hole about 30 inches deep where I had it marked, thinking I would hve the pipe exposed for them, but I found nothing. They basically told me the leak could be coming from anywhere in a large area of the yard,so I need to dig a 12inch trench along the entire front of my house until I find where my water connects to it, and then I would need to dig a trench straight to the meter, and they could come and lay the pipe. I'm sorry for rambling, but I was hoping someone out there can give me some hints on finding the area where the water pipe connects to the house, or any other information that would be useful. Thanks so much , Dean
On Fri, 01 Apr 2005 00:32:58 -0600, in misc.consumers.house Gerry Atrick

I went to my Cities Civic Center and looked up the original building permit for my house and it shows where the water main goes into the house. You might want to check your city or county.

I feel your pain. I had to replace the water line into my house a couple years ago. Ouch, that cost some bucks.

Depending on where you live you may not have dug deep enough, or the water just came up where it found the easiest path.

Do you have a basement? In my house there is a cutoff valve where the water line comes through the basement wall into the house. It is obvious. If you are on a slab you may have to start at the meter end and follow the pipe from there.
When I had this done they actually just dug a hole at the meter and then used a "mole" to bore a through the ground from my basement out to the hole they had dug pulling a new copper line as it went. Very slick, didn't require digging up a long trench through the front yard.
Bill Ranck Blacksburg, Va.