What Is Elastromeric Coating

Hi,
Many posts below, I was asking advise on how to fix my leaking flat roof. All suggested that I should install "Rubber Roof" for my flat roof. But I really want to learn how to fix it.
So, I went to Home Depot, Lowes, and Osh to look for stuffs. It came to a point that I was going to use the Henry Wet Patch to patch my leaking roof all over the place with a putty knife. And then I came to the Elastromeric Coating and some other type of "coating". They all claimed to "protect old roof" and "stop leak" and stuffs like that. It looked very easy to use. Just "paint" it like a paint with a brush.
I think the post is too old and get to the bottom so no one can read it anymore. I think I will start a new follow up with a new topic. Hope this will not make any problem.
------------------------------------------------- Hi,
This is very discouraging. BUT! No matter! It is a manly man's job and I am not giving up just yet. (Al Bundy is my model!) If the mexican (propably illegal) who the contractor hired can do it, I should be able to do it too! How difficult will it be?!!
Anyway... I went to Lowes and found something call "Black Jack Fibered Roof Coating". It said that it was used to "seal worn out roof with additional layer of protection". You "brush" this thing on top of the "worn out" roof. This looked very promissing.
You guys heard of this "Fibered Roof Coating" thingie? What is the different between this from the Henry's Elastromeric Coating?
Oh... BTW, this thing is only $7 buck a gallon that can cover 50 sq. ft. AND it is all SOLD OUT. So, it must be the good stuff. Right?
I don't know anything. I am trying to learn here. So, please goes easy on me if you read something silly from me.
<DIV><BR><BR>Here's the bottom line:<BR>- You can dick around, waste your time and a few bucks and still have a<BR>leaking roof.&nbsp; If you're lucky you might not see the results of the<BR>leak for a while.&nbsp; If you're not lucky you might not see the results of<BR>the leak for a while.<BR>- Or you can spring for a pro to fix it and watch what he does and ask<BR>some questions so you'll learn.&nbsp; Then rest easy knowing that the<BR>sizable investment in your home isn't being eaten away.<BR><BR>Not much of a choice in my mind.<BR><BR>R<BR></DIV> <DIV><FONT face=Arial size=2></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV> <DIV><FONT face=Arial size=2></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV> <DIV><FONT face=Arial size=2></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV> <DIV><FONT face=Arial size=2></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV></BLOCKQUOTE></DIV> <DIV><FONT face=Arial size=2><BR>-- <BR>&gt; There is no = answer.<BR>&gt; There has not been an answer.<BR>&gt; There will not be an answer.<BR>&gt; That IS the answer!<BR>&gt; And I am screwed.<BR>&gt; Deadline was due yesterday.<BR>&gt;<BR>&gt; There is no point to life.<BR>&gt; THAT IS THE POINT.<BR>&gt; And we are screwed.<BR>&gt; We will run out of oil soon.</FONT></DIV></BODY></HTML>
------=
You need to find out why the water isn't draining off your roof and fix that problem. If you do, then you've solved most of your leaking problem. If you don't, then anything OTHER than a hot sealed rubber roof will probably start leaking wherever you have standing water.
Hi Bob,
I located the problem. I have a very big flat roof. The tiny drainage hole is not WIDE enough to let the the water out. So, a lot of water is standing around the hole.
I have some idea. First I need to make the hole wider. But this seems to be not possible. Therefore, the next logical solution is to reinforce the roof around that hole.
<DIV> <P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt"><SPAN style="FONT-FAMILY: 'Times New Roman'">You need to find out why the water isn't draining off&nbsp;your roof and fix that problem. If you do, then you've solved most of your leaking problem. If you don't, then anything OTHER than a hot sealed rubber roof will probably start leaking wherever you have standing&nbsp;water.</SPAN><SPAN style="FONT-FAMILY: 'Times New Roman'; mso-bidi-font-size: 12.0pt; mso-fareast-font-family: 'Arial Unicode MS'"><o:p></o:p></SPAN></P></DIV></BLOCKQUOTE></BODY></HTML>
------=

You did this in the dark!o

I can't picture this and I'm not going to comment.

problem. If you do, then you've solved most of your leaking problem. If you don't, then anything OTHER than a hot sealed rubber roof will probably start leaking wherever you have standing water.
And as if any other engineering problem. First understand the construction and the problem, it should not be too difficult to come up with a solution to fix the problem...
<DIV><BR><BR>Here's the bottom line:<BR>- You can dick around, waste your time and a few bucks and still have a<BR>leaking roof.&nbsp; If you're lucky you might not see the results of the<BR>leak for a while.&nbsp; If you're not lucky you might not see the results of<BR>the leak for a while.<BR>- Or you can spring for a pro to fix it and watch what he does and ask<BR>some questions so you'll learn.&nbsp; Then rest easy knowing that the<BR>sizable investment in your home isn't being eaten away.<BR><BR>Not much of a choice in my mind.<BR><BR>R<BR></DIV> <DIV><FONT face=Arial size=2></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV> <DIV><FONT face=Arial size=2></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV> <DIV><FONT face=Arial size=2></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV> <DIV><FONT face=Arial size=2></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV></BLOCKQUOTE></DIV> <DIV><FONT face=Arial size=2><BR>-- <BR>&gt; There is no answer.<BR>&gt; There has not been an answer.<BR>&gt; There will not be an answer.<BR>&gt; That IS the answer!<BR>&gt; And I am screwed.<BR>&gt; Deadline was due yesterday.<BR>&gt;<BR>&gt; There is no point to life.<BR>&gt; THAT IS THE POINT.<BR>&gt; And we are screwed.<BR>&gt; We will run out of oil soon.</FONT></DIV></BLOCKQUOTE></BODY></HTML>
------=

then I came to the Elastromeric Coating and some other type of
I agree with Bob, but if you want to know more about this topic, make sure it isn't spellled "elastomeric".