What is a good way to move compacted dirt?

I have a 3 foot high planter with about 20 yards of compacted dirt in it. Its really compacted. I went at it with a jack hammer and my 7 hp tiller and moved about 3 yards of it in the hot sun. I want to remove the dirt on the planter and spread it around evenly around the yard but at this rate it will take about 7 days assuming if I don't die in the heat.
I guess I need to rent a Bobcat.
On Tue, 19 Jun 2007 20:53:51 -0700, ** Frank ** wrote:

Or dynamite.

Teenagers. School's out for summer.
-Frank
--
Here\'s some of my work:
http://www.franksknives.com /

(and given our sue-happy world, I'd almost be scared to hire casual labor like that, especially a kid, any more.)
aem sends...
On Wed, 20 Jun 2007 13:45:53 -0700, Frank Warner wrote:

Me a teen? I was a teen back in the early 70's.
But thanks for you reply, you answered the OP with as much useful info as I did even though you have no sense of humor.
tear apart planter first. dirt will collapse easier.
been there done this twice:)

Soaking it thoroughly will loosen things up. And make them heavier.
Bob