What do I use to secure metal flashing to a shingle or wood siding?

What do I use to secure metal flashing to a shingle or wood siding?

Reply to
CJ

Normally it goes under the siding. No point that I can think of in putting it on top.

Reply to
Art

Nails, normally.

Reply to
Goedjn

When bent to fit and held in place by shingles or wood siding, flashing requires no fasteners.

Reply to
Don Phillipson

It's on the outside of the shingles and doesn't sit correctly on the wood siding or asphalt shingles on the roof. I was thinking of maybe putting roof cement or liquid nails. What do you think?

Reply to
CJ

I wouldn't trust adhesive for holding sheet metal unless it's specifically labled for that use. If it is, fine. If it's not, nails with neoprene washers, like they use for all-metal roofing.

Reply to
Goedjn

It is improperly installed and glueing won't help. If you must do it that way put globs of roofing cement on to hold it for a while.

Reply to
Art