what degree to adjust air condition for at summer

I am trying to get the right degree F on which I should adjust the air. Is 80 too hot? Is 70 too cold? I don't try to get any saving website because they are not useful. I need to know what is the "ideal" degree F for my house (apartment). Thanks. God bless you, Carole Abumoussa
| I am trying to get the right degree F on which I should adjust the air. | Is 80 too hot? Is 70 too cold? I don't try to get any saving website | because they are not useful. I need to know what is the "ideal" degree | F for my house (apartment). Thanks. God bless you, Carole Abumoussa |
A la Goldilocks: 80 might be a tad warm, 70 a bit cool, and 75 just about right.
Remember, an A/C takes water moisture out of the air it conditions. As a result, the room will feel cooler and the electricity required to maintain your selected temperature will go up with each degree the room temperature goes down. -- PDQ

What is comfortable to you? Usually abut 10 or 12 degrees below the outdoor (assuming 80+) is good, but personal preferences and cost come into play also. Lower the temp, the more cost to run.
the ideal temp is the one that makes you feel comfy... in summer i like 68-70.. i know some that like it set at 80 in the summer..... dont you know what temp feels good to you??
78-80 will work with ceiling fans to circulate the air. just need to get use to the temp and it may take days to acclimate your body to it

snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

You set it where you are comfortable, not where I am comfortable. The higher you set it the less expensive it will be to run. If family members disagree, then that is another problem.
Just don't do want a friend of mine likes to do; don't turn it off and open the windows every night (we live in an area where the air is damp at night) and then close them the next day thinking that will save money. It cost more because you need to remove the moisture.
--
Joseph Meehan

Dia duit
the ideal temp is the temp you like. What a question!!
--
Steve Barker

snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

high that the salt and sugar turn to rock and salt shakers corrode. 76, 77 is about ideal. Major housework going on, go to 74 :o) Comfort and economy are my major concerns.

Wow. I don't have those things. And I thought Maryland was humid.

I prefer about the same temperatures.
--
Mark Lloyd
http://notstupid.laughingsquid.com
On 16 Apr 2006 05:49:12 -0700, snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

It varies by the person, and I mean that there are some things some people like that others can barely tolerate.
It also depends who all you live with.
I taught myself to sleep without a top sheet or blanket in the summer, and now I'm as comfortable when it is 10 degrees hotter than before. That is, 83 is as comfortable now as 73 was before. Sometimes I'm naked. That adds another few degrees, and 85 or 86. If I had kids in the house I would not sleep naked.
The same temp seems cooler with the windows open than with the windows shut. There is a breeze, even if only a slight one.
I also taught myself to sleep without the sheets tucked in. This means I don't have a problem sleeping on a rug on the floor, just because the presence of untucked sheets bothers me. I learned this from a Belgian woman.