What Color Baseboards Should I Have?

Page 2 of 2

On 8/25/2010 9:22 AM, Jim Elbrecht wrote:

On 8/25/2010 6:09 AM, dadiOH wrote:

many windows in it. This allows me to have dark oak furniture in my living room, and a lighter oak in my family room. My bedroom furniture is cherry wood. I love nice woods. My kitchen and bathrooms all have opal oak cabinets, and I actually love the look. I had it many years ago, and it then faded out of style, so to speak. Twelve years ago, when my home was built, it came back. Now, you don't see it as much.
This gives me something more to think about. Maybe I should not worry about updating my home, but live in it according to what I like.
Thank you for your input.

That's it! I find it very funny when people decorate their home for "resale value" even when they are not planning to sell any time soon. I've been in my home for 25 years and plan to be carried out of it feet first. I make all my decorating and remodeling decisions based on how I want to live in the house. And, since I have a nearly 200 year old house, I couldn't care less about being "in style". I've worked very hard to maintain and restore the house to its original greek revival style, but with a modern kitchen and bathrooms.

OTOH, in these times one never knows when one will be forced to move. Something out of the ordinary scores many more points against you than in times like these than it does when it's a seller's market. While I wouldn't put in anything I didn't like, there are things that I like that I wouldn't spend a lot of money on, either.