What are the top 25 Repeated Questions?

Page 1 of 2
For all the regulars out there.
What are the top 25 most repeated questions for this group?
If you don't care to do 25 do what you can.
If I get enough responses I will try to summarize the results.
Colbyt
Colbyt wrote:

I'll start :) I've been a mostly-lurker, sometimes-poster here for at least 5 years, and these are the ones I remember seeing repeatedly.
How do I replace chipped/cracked/stained tiles and/or grout?
How do I/how should I replace/reface my kitchen cabinets?
What countertop or flooring materials should I use?
How much should it cost to do x, where x = repave a driveway, remove a dead tree, or replace a roof?
How do I remove wallpaper/how do I fix the messed up walls underneath the wallpaper?
What's the best paint?
-- Jennifer

And I'll add: What is the best roof and how much will it cost? What is the best siding and how much will it cost? What is the best insulation and how much will it cost? What is the best flooring and how much will it cost? My toilet is clogged, how do I fix it? What is the best (refrigerator, washer, dryer, range) My (refrigerator, washer, dryer, range) is making a strange noise My refrigerator is not getting cold Assorted water softener, filtration, reverse osmosis, faucet questions.
Colbyt wrote:

Number one has to be: "neighbor's dog shitting on my lawn". Or something along those lines.
Followed by electrical and drywall advice.

So the answers to a dog feces problem is shocking it or finishing a room for it? :)
message

View All, and arrange them by subject. I like the idea.
Planning a FAQ or something?
Pop

Excellent suggestion about the view thing. My current news server has a short retention rate so that won't work for me unless I do the google thing.
Maybe to FAQ thing. Not sure yet.
Colbyt

Any issues delightfully referred to here from alt.hvac
Colbyt, 8/5/2005, 8:37:46 PM, wrote:

Air conditioning problems.
--
"I miss. I miss. I miss. I make."
Seve Ballesteros describing his four-putt at Augusta\'s No. 16 in 1988.

Oil or Latex?
On Sat, 06 Aug 2005 00:48:07 -0400, Chuck Reti

Paper or Plastic?

Do You Wad? or do you fold?
Remove "YOURPANTIES" to reply
MUADIB
If A Quiz is Quizical, What is a test?
The Peacemaking Meeting scheduled for today has been cancelled due to a conflict.

--
-john
wide-open at throttle dot info

Lawnmower won't start/stay running

Good list so far but please add
Three way switch wiring Garage door springs, won't close, etc. Some outlets don't work (gfi) Finding good contractor, handyman. Blocked drain, toilet etc.
"Colbyt" wrote

How do I Get rid of Roaches, ANTS, Fleas and other creepy insects The Natural Way?
How do I get rid of Mold, Mildew, Fungus? What are great Mildew and other Stain Removal Solutions? How do I Remove grease from driveway and garage floor?
What can I do about Condensation and Sweating Windows? How can I Soundproof Walls? How to Remove Popcorn Ceilings texture or Paint? How do I remove air bubbles from my wallpaper? How do I Waterproof my Basements? How to Install a Ceiling Fan? Garbage disposal Does not work How do I unclog My Septic Tank that's backing up? How to remove a screw with a damaged screw head?
How do I Choose Colors? How do I choose which type of brush should I use? Bristle, Nylon? How do I Paint Interior Wood and Trim? How do I Paint Kitchen Cabinets? How do I Paint Ceramic Tile and Formica?
How to Remove formica from a countertop? How do I Paint Exterior Wood-Oil vs Latex? How do I properly vent clothes dryer? How do I Paint or Wallpaper Wood Paneling? How do I Paint over Wallpaper? How do I Repair or Replace Damaged siding? How do I Prepare rusty surfaces for painting?
25 questions you can try to answer.
Sam Nickaby wrote:

Great list of questions.
I will add:
* What size A/C do I need. I have a really big house and how much will it cost (with no information about the size of the home, where it is located, age, etc.
* Short life light bulbs
* Do I really need to ..... (any of a long list of electrical or building codes) ?
* Can I just paint something on the walls to stop basement leaks?
* What battery operated sump pump should I use to keep my basement dry during a two week power outage?

--
Joseph Meehan

Dia duit
On Sat, 06 Aug 2005 00:37:46 GMT, "Colbyt"
:) For all the regulars out there. :) :) What are the top 25 most repeated questions for this group? :) :) If you don't care to do 25 do what you can. :) :) If I get enough responses I will try to summarize the results. :) :) Colbyt :) The top question would be found in the answers of any thread...someone will always ask the poster along the line of "Have you searched google?"
Lar. (to e-mail, get rid of the BUGS!!
Dancing dog is back! http://media.ebaumsworld.com/smartdog.wmv